PATRIARCH OF THE VANGUARD OF HUMANITY —
Delaney Glory Grant came into this world kicking and swinging. She was born into the Vanguard, as was her father before her, and his father and so, on. She is a descendant of Ulysses S. Grant (the 18th President of the United States). Losing her mother at the tender age of nine Delaney was raised by her militant father. While other girls were playing with dolls she was cleaning her sidearm and learning how to disassemble and reassemble it.
- Expert swordsman and marksman. She always carries a sword cane, an accessory like a purse, only of course, lethal. When in dress uniform she wears a sabre on her belt.
- Specializes in hand to hand combat, specifically grappling.
- Knowledgeable in advanced military tactics.
- Extremely well read and knowledgeable
- Educated in Philosophy, Psychology and Criminology.
- Can pilot small aircraft and operate other military vehicles.
- Technologically savvy.
- Gifted public speaker and tactician.
Hgt: 5'10" • Wgt: 130 lbs • Eyes: Deep Blue • Hair: Reddish Brown
She rarely wears anything but her uniform or garments that are 'uniformesque'. An attractive woman, she possesses features of which her age is difficult to determine.
She is driven, to say the least and seems to be completely emotionally unattached to everything. One would be lead to believe she has nothing to lose and perhaps this is the cold truth. Delaney has no close friends, no one she confides in, she is an island on to herself.
It is very likely that Delaney is a sociopath, perhaps even a psychopath, albeit a functional one. She utterly detests physical contact and loathes looking upon relationships that she can never feel; tenderness and sexual desire only angers her.
Delaney was groomed to lead and some even dare to believe that she was prepared for the apocalypse. When the Resonance hit and the sky ripped open she took charge and her and handful of troopers single handed beat back the zombie hordes at Time Square. She is a legend among the Vanguard.
In 2011 she took control of the Atlanta Legion and by the following year she was voted to hold the station of Patriarch over the entire North American Division of the Vanguard of Humanity.