SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • And the world erupted...

Site Event

Altheia had been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, healing and taking care of anyone that she could get to that came into the med center. There were a lot of injuries and thankfully most of them weren't serious enough for her to use her abilities. The only exception she made was with critical matters or if it was people that she had either talked to before or somehow knew. She had been busy tending to a person that had a 1st degree burn when she heard Alistair call out. She turned her head quickly, finished wrapping up the wound on the mans arm, smiled at him and nodded. [altheia]You'll be okay now,[/altheia]she said before running out toward Alistair and other people that were with them.

It was easy to tell that they needed her abilities and she obliged as quickly as possible. After tending to them she closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head before standing up slowly. Sometimes in tense situations she found that she would use a little too much of her ability at once which usually resulted in her either blacking out or having a dizzy spell. Luckily for her this time it was a dizzy spell. That meant she could shake it off, go sit down, and have a glass of water to recharge so she could keep on helping people. [altheia]Ya'll should be good to go,[/altheia] she spoke and hesitated before going back to the med center to find a chair and a glass of water.

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

"帰宅" !  Yes, Mana thought, I'm going home.  The strange woman, well, Saranna, oh yes, wonderful Saranna, had said, ☩"First must seek medical treatment for wounds.  Come,  EMT station is set up not far from here.  Can get you stabilized then go home." 

Going home! No, not to Japan, or even to her family mansion (if it was still there) in White Plains, but to Saranna's place.  Mana thought that Saranna's home would be so much better than the Punjab, or Burkina Faso, or even than Harlem.  Mana had probably misjudged that woman based solely on her weird accent and diction.  Mana chastised herself to be more open-minded and to be sure to be the totally helpful person she was capable of.  She knew, just knew, that Saranna would, giving enough time, like her.  

"ホームスイートホーム"  It would be so sweet, so very sweet to have a home once again.  Then Mana thought of a Haruki Murakami's warning: "Whatever you are seeking won't come in the form that you are expecting."  Immediately, Mana, who definitely had been feeling sorry for herself, thought of another quote by Murakami: "Don't feel sorry for youself.  Only assholes do that."  

Okay, Mana was thinking, "be positive, don't feel sorry for yourself. "  

Mana had left her attention slip from Saranna during all these thoughts but now she refocused.  She glanced shyly at the very unusual woman--Saranna.  

She accepted the medical attention at the EMT station and felt better for it, felt the warmth from the blanket that had nearly magically appeared and was wrapped over her shoulders.  No, she wasn't going to die.  And maybe, just maybe, Saranna would take her home--the curiosity now as to what Saranna's home might be like was growing and growing.  

Guest Saranna Weaver
    Poor, poor Mana, she really had no idea what she was getting herself into did she?   Saranna had ideas….plans...that were floating and forming in her depraved and twisted little mind.   How much pain, either physical or mental, was little Mana willing to endure to keep Saranna’s…...hospitality within her grasp.

A smile crept along Saranna’s lips,  it was a small smile, but a smile none the less but that smile….there was something off that smile of hers.   It wasn’t that  joyful smile that would normally be seen when something of good fortune happens like winning the lottery...or even a good first date.   This smile was...dark.   

[saranna]Yes, home[/saranna]  She responded as Saranna allowed her new...what was that word?  Oh yes….friend.   She allowed her new friend to lean on her as Saranna guided them to the medical station outside the threat area.  It was an ungodly long walk full of silence.   Saranna was a woman few of words after all, she really didn’t talk unless spoken too.

Once the arrived at the medical center, if that’s what it could even be called, it was really just a bunch of first responders and a lot of emergency vehicles, they were both immediately swarmed by EMTs and the like.  Saranna was quick to pass Mana off to them.  [npc]Do you know what happened?[/npc]  The admittedly handsome EMT asked Saranna in a calm but hurried voice as he watched her for a few moments before he was met with only a single word.    [saranna]No[/saranna]  He paused for a moment, like he was about to ask her the same question.   He never said a word and just walked away after they locked eyes.

While Mana was receiving her medical care,  Saranna stood by, keeping a watchful eye on everything that was going on around her, making sure that she also watching out for Mana and the level of medical care was to her liking, well...to her liking given the available resources at the EMT’s disposal at least.

Once Mana was patched up, for the lack of a better word, Saranna moved to her side and gave a soft nod while speaking in a low tone..  [saranna]If feeling better will go home now yes?]/saranna]   She made sure that her locked on with Mana’s [saranna]Much to do and talk about.[/saranna]

All Mana heard was the word "home", and immediately the words to the song "Our House" flooded Mana's mind and filled her blood veins and arteries, and swelled her heart: "Our house is a very, very fine house, with two cats in the yard; life used to be so hard . . . "  

Mana thought to herself, "Oh, Mana, finally, finally, finally a home."   She smiled that beaming kind of smile that some children beam on Christmas Eve or maybe that sodden drunks gleam upon spying a fine bottle of vodka.  

She turned to Saranna and asked, "Much to do and talk about?"  Oh, Mana was all ears (so to speak) and just couldn't believe her luck.  She was so excited she almost wanted to skip, despite still being more frozen than thawed.

The song's lyrics continued to run in her head: "Now everything is easy cause of you.  I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that I bought today."  

No, Mana hadn't noticed the dark smile.  No Mana hadn't noticed the terse and sharp way Saranna had spoken to the emergency medical workers, nor their almost instinctive aversion to her.  No, Mana was more of the "Aren't things fine" sentiment.  

Mana also never noticed how Saranna, half her clothes gone, having been used as bandages for Mana, was not even shivering.  So, when Saranna didn't immediately reply, as Saranna was directing Mana off to some place (with firm hands), Mana again spoke: "I'm so excited.  So what do you want to ask me?"   

• 1 month later...

What the hell was this woman, perched lIke a gargoyle on the beam? She obviously had no trouble moving around, and seemed unphased by the smoke. [Johann] The better question is who you are, and then why you're here. [/johann]

The Dragon was wary of this seemingly not-so-fragile humanoid. She said he smelled delicious. Were-creature? Some kind of shapeshifting veil-crosser like himself? Perhaps another dragon? One with a larger frame than his in hybrid form?

Throwing caution to the smoke-congested wind, Johann leapt to the beam and followed this humanoid as she traversed the building. His cabling served as impromptu ropes when she made jumps he simply could not.

[Johann] I am Johann, of the Eligius clan. We were armorers and outfitters to the greatest warriors and lords of our realm. Perhaps the name rings familiar to you? [/johann]

There was no dragon alive who did not know his family's legacy. If this one did not, he would re-assess the situation very rapidly.

[Johann] And who are you exactly? You seem better equipped to handle this world than most of the humans one meets.[/johann]

She was done with it all.  Some lived, some died.  Pissed beyond reason about her shoes, and her chopper.  This, this was a welcome oddity to punctuate a rather fucked up evening.  The tiny vampire was always in for an interesting night, but not at the sake of losing things first, or being a good samaritan to meat puppets that shouldn't be conglomerating in the same building in the first place.

Dumbasses.

♉ " The better question is who you are, and then why you're here. "

Well then, she had gotten his attention.  Whatever it was.  She had a few ideas, but none were as interesting as what she thought she was talking to.  Smelled delicious, blood as caustic as drinking a bottle of bleach.  Still, she wanted one, leaping upward and out of the building to hop across to the next one over.  Bored expression rolled eyes inwardly as the building collapsed and the mice scampered on the street below like it was some huge loss.  Mortals, mages, and their cares.  She should have felt some sympathy for a potential altered genocide but... not really.

♉ " I am Johann, of the Eligius clan. We were armorers and outfitters to the greatest warriors and lords of our realm. Perhaps the name rings familiar to you? "

It was rare, the sound of her laugh, hands sliding into her pockets as he caught up to her and her once pristine designer suit.

♉ " And who are you exactly? You seem better equipped to handle this world than most of the humans one meets."

[eris]Eris,[/eris]  she said simply, studying everything about him with the eyes of a playful predator.  A mouse she couldn't eat, how interesting.  [eris]I want to keep you, let's have dinner.  I have a car.[/eris]

In less than a second, she was gone... the same leaps bringing her to the streets below and away from the fray.  Phone flipped open, calling off any reinforcements and simply her car.  It was incredibly rare she invited someone into her hangar, but this crap simply wouldn't do and she was in no mood to listen to sirens all night.  Plus... she had to supervise the pieces of her chopper being brought back bit by bit.

[eris]You still there,champ?[/eris]  she said quietly as she walked along the street, waiting for her car.

What the hell? Keep him?

Johann kept his guard up as he walked alongside the lithe vampire.

Oh! Have dinner. She probably wasn't from an English speaking country.

[Johann] I had been planning on tracking down the explosives. Maybe ID chemical compounds for the police, but that window is long-past. [/Johann] The Dragon kept his voice low enough that she wouldn't hear him from far away, and so he wouldn't scare the cat.

[Johann]I'd love to join you. [/Johann] He smiled, and let himself revert to human form once far enough from the smoke clouds.

Cabling retracted and his stature shrunk. A black leather jacket over gray v-neck t-shirt and pair of dark jeans revealed themselves. A pair of tiny ears emerged from inside one of the Jacket's pockets.

Eris' question was met with a yes from a significantly less gruff voice. His vocal cords had changed with the rest of his body. [Johann]Might as well look normal if I'm not in a burning building. [/johann]

Eyes that weren’t attentive eyes were anything but.  This was just, well, fucking fantastic.  It would take moments for Toby and the car to arrive, it would feel like an eternity for him to make up his mind.  Pleasssssse say yes.  Gumdrops and all that shit, she was excited.

" I had been planning on tracking down the explosives. Maybe ID chemical compounds for the police, but that window is long-past. "

Lips were licked, she just wanted to stuff him in a car and look to make sure nobody noticed.

"I'd love to join you. "

HOT DAMN.

Lashes barely reacted as he pulled himself back into human form.  What the hell was he?  There were so few options, and she loved every one of them.  A slight narrow to the rims of her eyes at the ears.  What the fuck. No extra riders.

"Might as well look normal if I'm not in a burning building. "

[eris]Of course,[/eris]  the look was cordial, a spider offering a fly a ride as Toby pulled up and she opened the back door for him. Now was the time to drop the shoe.  [eris]I’m impulsive and I am not without consequences.  You’re interesting when so few people are.  I’ve pegged you as someone I can learn more about, and develop some sort of business relationship with… or at the very least have a nice dinner with after this ridiculous shitstorm.  But if you fuck me over, I will eliminate everything you know and care about, without a second thought.[/eris]

The serious smile followed, inviting him into her car.  Toby made eye contact with her through the rear view mirror briefly.

[eris]Dinner, conversation.  Deal?[/eris]

She waited for him to make his decision, her blood almost jumping from her gut.  If he walked, her night officially could go fuck itself.

Johann could not understand why he still had this sinking feeling. It seemed this was just a woman of wealth and taste... and apparently one with an extra helping of strength and agility. Very few humans could have made the jumps she did.

Well, she thought he was interesting, so that was a good start. Business was also interesting and generally good. He also definitely was not in the business of fucking people over. He wouldn't do that to a business partner.

In her case, it seemed like a bad idea to say no to a request to dinner and discussion. [Johann] Dinner and a chat with a beautiful woman or spending all day in a forge... I think my choice has pretty much been made for me. [/Johann] Smile was more of a smirk at this point, but Johann was pretty pleased with himself at this point.

He stepped into the car, and slid over so Eris could enter without having to come around the side.

Once she was in, Johann took a good look at the person with whom he'd been speaking. She was rather short, as he admittedly was. Features conveyed a sense of confident power and almost effortless entitlement. [Johann] Don't worry. I don't fuck business partners over. [/johann] in his head, he added a stress to the last word, then reprimanded himself. He didn't even know if she was a dragon or just a human with some abilities. Everything so far had suggested she too was am off-worlder. No surprise at the transformation, her agility, and even her sense of entitlement. Was she an Elf or Fae princess, perhaps?

Archived