SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • I Confess

Eris London

(Cont. from "And the World Erupted")

She was being pondered, good.  Not about to spill all her secrets in the middle of a chaos aftermath, she was being patient. She could be when the situation required it.  Hooking this interesting creature definitely fell into that category.

" Dinner and a chat with a beautiful woman or spending all day in a forge... I think my choice has pretty much been made for me. "

Her head cocked slightly, the smirk there on her lips.  Very few people also made her smile.  Him getting into her car made her smile more as she fluidly slid in next to him and closed the door.  Toby had tried to do that once for her, it didn’t go over well.

" Don't worry. I don't fuck business partners over. "

[eris]Remains to be seen,[/eris]  she seemed to settle into the seat, comfortable now that she was in the confines of her security team.  She most definitely could make it on her own, but having them working in such a tight group made her world quite a bit easier.  With the world riveted on what was happening on the streets, Toby zipped through traffic with no problem.  What traffic there was seemed scarce as they made their way to her harbor compound, large gates peeling back to virtually the only working small airport on the east coast.

[eris]So I know what I was doing there, what compelled you to jump into the burning building,[/eris]  genuinely curious, the snark seemed to be stowed for the time being until she got what she wanted.  What exactly that was yet she didn’t know.  It was fucking helluvalot better than listening to morons wail about getting blown up.  You conglomerate in one place with people like the Vanguard promising to kill you, you get your ass handed to you.  There was no sympathy there. 

Secrecy saved lives at this point in time, and those that couldn’t get that through their dumbass heads were going to get gutted.  Either by the groups that vowed to, or herself.  Preferably herself. 

Johann sat in the back of the car, observing the outside world. His mind absent from this task, Johann occupied his hands with thumb twiddling. How strong of an impulse it was! The desire to do something with his hands overwhelmed even his deeply ingrained manners.

Every time he caught himself, Johann separated his hands until he got distracted again. The scenery became more and more familiar. [Johann] The harbor? [/johann]

She was heading in the direction of his shop. Had this driver of hers looked him up already? Odd, as she had invited him to dinner.

Then he saw the airstrip. OH. She owned that. Things made more sense now. And then she asked him what he'd been doing there. That was a good question.

[Johann] I honestly don't know. I heard humans had been hurt, and I hate to see that, so I made my way down to see if I could help at all. Plus, I wanted to do a primary analysis on the explosives before they were contaminated by other human contact. Molecular analysis can be thrown off by anything left behind-a skin cell or two can change the perceived composition of an object. [/johann]

The Dragon had tipped too much of his hand. He didn't need to tell this stranger what he could do... or even a small part of what he could do.

[Johann] And I guess you were there out of the goodness of your elfin heart? [/johann]

He was just going to roll with the elf assumption until corrected otherwise. He just hoped she wouldn't take offense.

Thumb twiddling, how adorable.  He was just so fucking adorable on so many levels.

" The harbor? "

She nodded, [eris]a level of privacy that you really can’t get anywhere else in this city.[/eris]

It was true, so very very true.  If it weren’t for the sanctity of her harbor haven she would have gone insane some time ago.  Few would have probably survived that tirade.  It gave her a chance to re-center her psyche when the entire damn world was losing its fucking collective mind and refused to keep their stupidity out of her way.  Except, he wasn’t part of the minions of stupid, he was as fascinating as his answer to her simple question.

" I honestly don't know. I heard humans had been hurt, and I hate to see that, so I made my way down to see if I could help at all. Plus, I wanted to do a primary analysis on the explosives before they were contaminated by other human contact. Molecular analysis can be thrown off by anything left behind-a skin cell or two can change the perceived composition of an object. "

Hands folded in her lap as the hangar door was pulled open for the car to pass through, an eyebrow rose slightly.  Curioser and curiouser.  It was rare she met a true, genius?  What a damn snag she’d made.

" And I guess you were there out of the goodness of your elfin heart? "

It was her turn to laugh again.  He had done it twice in as many hours.  Elf.  Good guess though.

[eris]Sure,[/eris] it was cyptic for a moment as she pushed the door open and held it for him.  The massive hangar was mostly dark, but already a flurry of activity as they started to bring the part of her chopper back in.  Ahanu had appeared at her side in a moment, the nod from the woman bringing one from the tiny vampire.  Dinner seemed to be ready.  Without looking to make sure the man was following, she crossed the short distance to her office and opened the door.  Only then did she wait quietly for him to enter.

The small dining area was already set with an array of food.  She was starving, and pissed, and intrigued, and was hoping this dinner would put a douse on her anger that lingered from losing her chopper.

[eris]Explosion crashed my chopper,[/eris]  she started, slipping off her sooty designer jacket in exchange for one that Ahanu handed to her.  [eris]So I went to kill whatever had ruined my helicopter.  Found a bunch of people in need of saving, so I figured I should probably help.[/eris]

Sitting at the table, the first thing she went for was the brandy mixed with good old blood that looked strikingly like red wine.  A trick she’d learned a long time ago.  Napkin was laid across her lap, gesturing warmly to the other chair across from her.

[eris]Tell me more about the analysis.  Who do I kill for this mess?[/eris]

Johann smiled. She was right about the seclusion. It was the only place he could make his implements of war in peace. He answered her question and sat there, befuddled by her laughter at his assumption.

[Johann]Oh. Thank you. [/Johann] The diminutive vampire was holding the door for a shrunken dragon.

He followed close behind, not wanting to stray and start inspecting the hangar without permission. What a place!

Ah. She'd opened a door to some kind of dining room/office hybrid. Johann made his way into the room, she sat, and he spied a seat opposite her which he moved to occupy.

[Johann]Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you figured out what was salvageable? [/Johann]

He would not address the murdering aspect... not unless directly... Damn.

[Johann]I don't have names, but the tech was military. Looking at Semtex, and this was no home brew. At the same time,the packaging was burned and torn to shreds. No way of telling what kind of plastic it was. [/johann]

She was drinking. He didn't drink. Dragons couldn't really feel it anyway. Eye caught a plate of something familiar. Nose confirmed. Beef and some sort of pastry line dough wrapper. And was that bacon? It was!

The humans, in their infinite wisdom, had created a recipe called Beef Wellington, and it was a fantastic one indeed. Deft hands cut a thick slice from the plate and delivered it to his own.

[Johann] So you're a pilot? [/Johann]

Ever-inquisitive, Johann had taken notice of the silver ans iron content of the utensils. These were not Sidhe or even lesser Fae. The laugh had almost guaranteed she was no elf. What had he gotten himself into?

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you figured out what was salvageable? "

She didn’t want to talk about her chopper, really.  She knew he was being nice, and a conversationalist… she had opened that door anyway.  From anyone else she would have sent them off with a sharp quip, he was her guest, and she supposed the conversation was well placed. 

[eris]It’s incoming as we speak,[/eris] expression was dark.  Somebody would die for this.  [eris]Unfortunately what was bumps and  bruises before, are complete losses now.  Not many left to salvage.[/eris]

Interest picked up again, a soft smile on her features as he brought her one step closer to what she was looking for.

"I don't have names, but the tech was military. Looking at Semtex, and this was no home brew. At the same time,the packaging was burned and torn to shreds. No way of telling what kind of plastic it was. "

He was an interesting sort, hungry to boot.  Trusting.  That either meant  he was naïve, or confident in his abilities to kick ass and take names.  Accepting an invitation to dinner from a stranger after what they’d been through?

" So you're a pilot? "

She redirected her thoughts, taking another drink. She hadn’t touched the food yet, though she could have.  The smoke had taken its toll.  Contrary to popular belief vampires did have to breathe.  A little recharge before dinner.

[eris]I worked for the DEA before the Event.  Flew mostly the gamut from the tip of Florida to Panama.  Saw a lot of interesting things.  Got shot at a lot.  Thought afterward it might be helpful to have someone commercially that could fly.  Someone that knew what the hell they were doing instead of self-taught hacks.[/eris]

Of course, she was somewhat self-taught, hack was not a name she would apply to herself.  Another drink, curious eyes over the rim.

[eris]So what exactly allows you to know already what kind of explosives were used?  That’s one helluva talent.[/eris]

She definitely didn't want to talk about the chopper. Angry face.

She hadn't taken any solid food yet. Had he stepped out of etiquette? At the same time, he didn't see a thing for water anywhere.

Johann looked around again. It seemed quite safe, and he was cocky as it stood. Who could fight a dragon but another?

Ah, there was the water. The young dragon poured himself a glass, then feigned a toast before taking a sip.

[Johann]Sorry. What is this DEA? I've never heard of it. It doesn't seem that...safe, I guess. [/Johann] She was human. Altered? Not a mage. No mana around her.

A drink again from the glass. She was intrigued by the molecular analysis. [Johann]It's just a thing I can do. In that other form, I can see chemical composition of materials. Helps when forging. I can smelt until the impurities are gone from the steel. [/johann]

He cleared his throat briefly. Johann was being careful, despite his nonchalance. He'd exerted a great deal by staying hybrid for so many consecutive hours. Being in human form made it so much easier to relax.

Wine glass was savored and she poured another, finally able to relax enough to eat something.  Bah, who was she kidding?  She was wound up tighter than a top.  Ready to kill someone.  She wanted to kill someone.  She also wanted to grab the man by the neck and demand exactly what he was.  She couldn’t, and still be a good hostess. Fuck what you want, and get what you need.  Right now she needed to chill,and find out more about this man.  He was useful, and useful people fascinated her.

"Sorry. What is this DEA? I've never heard of it. It doesn't seem that...safe, I guess. "

She blinked at him in mid-drink.

[eris]Drug Enforcement Agency.  Chemical compositions fascinate me, went to school for it.  Flying fascinated me more. Somewhere in the middle I think I found a little penchant for helping people, maybe.  Maybe I just wanted to fly to exciting places and watch people’s asses get kicked,[/eris]  she smirked and began to eat a rather ornate salad slowly.  It was the easiest thing she’d found to go down, not really enjoying the taste of food anymore.  It was a pre-Resonance thing. When you spend the last moments in the the normal world dying of cancer and chemo, food was just a nuisance.

"It's just a thing I can do. In that other form, I can see chemical composition of materials. Helps when forging. I can smelt until the impurities are gone from the steel. "

That other form?  She caught the clearing of his throat.  Too much?

Interesting.

[eris]You tell me what that is, I’ll tell you I’m not and elf.  Or a fae.[/eris]

So yah, she went in for the kill.  Hell, she was eating a fucking salad and trying to be nice, what more did he want?

Cool! She was a chemist. And a pilot! Apparently good enough for this task force thingy. 

And then a statement Johann wasn't sure even Eris herself believed. Sure, he'd just seen her in the smoke and ruins of a building, but she had created her own excuse for that--killing whoever took down the chopper. 

Ah, there it was. [eris]Maybe I just wanted to fly to exciting places and watch peoples' asses get kicked.[/eris] It was probably a bit of everything she'd said so far.

Johann was thinking about it rather deeply, trying to understand the motivations of his host.

[eris] I'll tell you I'm not an elf. Or a fae [/eris] 

What was she, then? 

Screw it. People in the mystic world knew he wasn't human anyway. [johann] I'm a dragon. Well, a dragonian... well, on Earth, I can really only get halfway there. If dragons went full-size all the time, there would be no more magi, no more mana for people to pull from the air. We'd probably destroy the world with our territorial infighting, and it would be Eligius weapons that would cause it.[/johann]

Voice lost its mirth. He knew the dangers of the weapons his family could create. That was probably why he'd never mentioned anything about his psychotic kinsman making all of Azazel's ranged weaponry. 

[johann] Like I said before, we are weapon smiths. Some work best with steel, others with explosive compounds... I work best with magics. Rather odd trait for us, to be honest. [/johann] He left out the bit about making really pointy things that don't break. When the enemy thinks they know all, that's when you hold something back.

[johann] So, if you're not elf, not fae, not a "meta" human, what are you? Weres don't keep their strength after the transformation ends, and no normal human could make some of the jumps you did back there at the building. Usually, magi have to report in to their supervisory organizations to disappear off a case, so there goes that theory. [/johann]

The dragon finally cut into the piece of meat he'd put on his plate, and took a bite. Well prepared, for sure, but then again, he didn't have the most discerning of palates. 

He seemed to respond to her confession about the DEA and her schooling, feeling something dark creep into their conversation before he seemed to blurt out a fact she never would have expected.

" I'm a dragon. Well, a dragonian... well, on Earth, I can really only get halfway there. If dragons went full-size all the time, there would be no more magi, no more mana for people to pull from the air. We'd probably destroy the world with our territorial infighting, and it would be Eligius weapons that would cause it."

She blinked once. 

Well shit.

" Like I said before, we are weapon smiths. Some work best with steel, others with explosive compounds... I work best with magics. Rather odd trait for us, to be honest. "

Puff the Magic Dragon was eating at her table.  She was so fucking excited she was going to jump out of her skin.  The things she could do with his expertise.  Fork slid around the salad quietly, letting him talk.  She wasn’t going to interrupt the sudden onslaught of information where he had been so questioning of her before.  The vampire knew it was coming, and exactly what she would answer.

" So, if you're not elf, not fae, not a "meta" human, what are you? Weres don't keep their strength after the transformation ends, and no normal human could make some of the jumps you did back there at the building. Usually, magi have to report in to their supervisory organizations to disappear off a case, so there goes that theory. "

She took a drink of the concoction in her wine glass, savoring it a moment before speaking.

[eris]I’m not an elf or a fae,[/eris]  it was honest.  She never agreed to tell him anything more than whether she was an elf or fae.  It wasn’t trying to be deceptive, she was the furthest from fucking someone over as one could get.  She also wasn’t a liar.  What you saw, was what you got.  It was exactly what she told him she would tell.  [eris]Don’t let Weres fool you.  Strong fuckers even on the off days.  I wouldn’t want to piss one off, then again I don’t care if I piss anyone off.[/eris]

She stared at her uneaten salad for a while.

[eris]I’m hunted.  I don’t exist, and I’ll do anything to protect those that I call friends.  I’ll do anything to destroy those that threaten any of the above.[/eris]  It was as close to the truth as she was going to get.  [eris]Since you’re here eating my food, under my invitation, that friend designation includes you.[/eris]

Fork was placed on her plate, knowing he was probably expecting more from her than she was willing to give.

[eris]Just know that your secret stays with me here, even from my employees, and I hope you don’t mind me calling on you once and a while for your help.[/eris]

Johann absorbed himself in his thoughts. He zoned out as Eris talked about weres, but perked up as she started to answer his question in earnest.

[Johann] So you're a UFO. An Unidentified Freaking Organism. [/johann] The Dragon chuckled at his own joke, not thinking how insensitive it could be.

[Johann]Well, I'm glad you consider me a friend instead of an enemy. [/johann] "Though I could probably take you." Was added in his head. [Johann]I don't exactly hide my dragonian identity, but if you want it to be a secret, be my guest. [/johann]

He smiled, pulling one of his business cards from a pocket. It was simple, faded yellow text on a black background with an embossed and slightly shiny dragon's head on one side.

[Johann]I work right down the way from you. About 10 minutes further down the road. You're more than welcome to check out the shop any time.[/johann] He was swapping back into shopkeeper mode. [Johann]I'm always glad to help a friend,though.[/johann]

Archived