Durion Caranthir

More Elf and Fae Playmates!!

[durion]I wanna see more elves and fae to help grow South America!!! I mean it is good to be the only really active one down there... megalomaniac that I am. I am the most important after all! But it would still be nice to have some people to push around...er... I mean to build great glory with! [/durion]

Flicks long hair back behind his shoulder as poses dramatically.

Elves

Fae

South America

NARWA (my company - help me grow it!!!)

Would have posted with my account but it seems that while guests can view and post here new accounts can't until they are approved. Anyways I am making a female meta-human Ljósálfar, light elf, though I was thinking of starting in New York. I am up for changing that though s I haven't started her history yet. Anyways heres a link to my profile: Alfhildr Losnedahl.

First - oops....fixed the setting on the forum so those registered accounts can post too :P

Second... glad to see more elves :) definitely opportunity to mingle. Durion comes to NY so they could cross paths there just as easily as in S America. What will make it interesting is that Durion does view meta fae and elf as second class citizens to "natural born" fae and elf. Doesn't mean he wont respect them if they are skilled or intelligent but does mean he will likely rib them on a fairly frequent basis for not being "true"...lol

I wouldn't expect anything else from a "natural born" elf. I have played enough tabletop to know elves are snobs with a superiority complex. ;):P Looking forward to the interactions even if Durion is going to be a prick during them. With any luck we can work out aa good plot or two. Alfhildr might even wind up part of Fanya Niasa or NARWA, through if she moves to S America I imagine she will try for the deep south of the continent. 

Looking forward to getting a thread going :)

need to grow the S America contingent even if they sharing time in NY!

While I would like to start in New York I am now debating starting out in both the Fanya Niasa faction and also possibly as an employ of NARWA. In regards to NARWA Alfhildr has a bachelor's in social anthropology and an associate's in linguistics which she used, along with her impressive array of languages, to work in the marketing division of a company until it collapsed in the aftermath of the Resonance Event. I was wondering if you would mind working on a back story with Durion and Alfhildr with regards to her taking on a similar type job with NARWA. I'm think she could work in a New York branch of the company, if one exists, or possibly she is only temporarily in New York making a sales pitch of some sort. 

I am also not opposed to starting in S. America either if sufficient plotting can be done now as my main reason for wanting to start in New York is it appears to be the most active location in terms of rping potential. However Durion would initially have to meet Alfhildr in New York City as in June 2009 she moved from Oslo, Norway to New York City to work in the marketing department of the main branch of the company she was with at the time which plants her there during the Resonance Event. Also for what it is worth she can also work and a translator and interpreter as well.

Sorry - been hammered at work so been slow in catching up :/

and absolutely happy to work with you on some backstory. There is no branch in NY because Durion wont set up among the "filthy humans"...lol but if she is helping with marketing she be out there a lot, prolly more than in S America.

they easily could have met in NY since good bit of his business is with companies in NY so he has been travelling up there for several years.

Perhaps their knowing eachother is fairly new? maybe she is on a trial basis doing work for him in NY and hasn't even been to S America yet? He would be skeptical of her simply because she is not "natural born".

Makes since to me and it might be fun to have her isolated from other elves. In fact her being confined to New York and constantly interacting with humans in various ways could explain why she is still slightly human. It would also be a very valid reason for Durion to only have her on a trial basis currently. How recently are you imagining them having met? A few days, a week or two, a month or two?

a few days or weeks not be that fun since he would still be in I will fire you tomorrow mindset :P

I would say his last trip to NY - so maybe about 3-4 months ago. That way is still very new, she would still be learning about the company but starting to be a little effective in marketing for him... and it would already be past the "ya but I will fire you tomorrow" stage :)

Sounds good. Alfhildr will be a frequent face in Omenwich Square, especially the Oak and Henge, so maybe they could have met there. Also debating on whether or not she will have actually gone for a Master's degree at Columbia after it got reopened after the resonance event. Not sure if he would scout and graduates from the colleges for employees or anything. Though this all assumes she can make it into Columbia while being a metahuman elf and also having only scholarships as a means to afford the tuition, still working on that. Worse case it can be something she does once she has saved enough money from her newly acquired jobs.

Durion looks down on the "earthlings" too much to go looking for employees :P

I think more likely he found her when he was exploring Omenwich. Since Omenwich has a bit more "magic" energy he would have been drawn there so I would say they crossed paths there.

just checking if you needed any more info from me :)

Still looking for more playmates for the megalomaniac in South America - opportunities here to grow that part of the world!!

bumps cuz there is a building storyline for outworlders that could be fun to jump into!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.