SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • Oops I Did It Again

Boone (Paddy) Fitzpatrick

If there was one thing that she could totally and utterly be certain of was that Boone was the kind of guy to always be on move. Maybe a little bit of a thrill seeker, but that was probably something that came with whatever job he did. Probably something that involved the situation that he had been in last night. Something that she would never be apart of or something she figured she'd never be apart of. She wasn't too sure of the mechanics of healing herself from a bullet wound. She didn't even know if it was possible. She did know that she could heal herself from little things here and there, but a bullet wound was something completely different than a burnt hand.

"Yes. Yes you did save my life last night."

She caught the sassy way his lips went up in a smile before he had replied to her. She sighed and smiled, wondering if he was ever serious other than when he was working a job. In his line of work I'm sure one has to be super serious or they might end up dead.... or shot, she thought. Her eyes flicked toward the bacon and then back at Boone. He should be more careful, she thought. Then again she knew nothing in this world was safe anymore. Nothing or no one had a guarantee they were going to make it through each day without getting injured in some way, shape, or form. That was just the sad reality that everyone had to live with now. Which made her abilities even more needed.

At the nod of his head toward the cabinet she moved her right hand up to open it up slightly, placing her hand in and pulling out one of the cups for herself. Then she also pulled one out for Boone if he decided that he wanted anything else to drink. She didn't mind that he drank from the carton... it was just a little weird to experience with someone that she just met. I guess saving someone's life puts their trust in you pretty high. She smiled softly at herself thinking that that was a silly thing. Trust was something that came in short supply anymore.

"Tell people that and it'll get you a free pass into any place in the city."

After setting the tumblers on the counter and hearing him speak. Her shoulders shrugged slightly, opening the cabinet back up and placing them back to their original spots. Her other hand reached for the carton and she took a swig of the delicious OJ. She placed the carton back on the counter top as her tongue licked her lips slightly. "Mmmm... I love OJ. Favorite morning drink, right there," she said softly, mainly talking to herself, but she looked at him and smiled. "And I'm not too sure I'd ever use that line to get into a place.... I don't really go out too much to drink and have a good time. I'm usually always good for a night at home with my wine bottle. Unless I am looking for trouble. Then I'll go out," she said to him. She really wasn't too much of a party person. It was just too much going on at once. So many people in one place could lead to so many bad things happening.

God... I need to live a little more...

She felt the faint brush of fabric as he moved around her and then back to where he was. She stood still for a moment becoming all to aware of how close he was to her. She shouldn't be so attracted to a guy that was obviously someone who tended to get into trouble a lot more than what was necessary. Too many things to worry about. Too many bad things that could happen. Too much risk that would scare her half to death. Her head shook slightly, trying to knock the thoughts out of her head.

Stop it, Altheia...

"I'm always working, Miss Doc."

Her head tilted slightly at his reply to her words. "Always working, huh? Well that's kind of sad. Though I suppose if you think about it I'm always on the clock too...." she said the last of her words quietly, then watched him as his phone beckoned to him. Must be work that he was talking about, she thought. They both seemed to be constantly at the beck and call of people. Though she wasn't too upset about getting woken up in the middle of the night. If she hadn't... Boone probably wouldn't be in the shape that he is right now... and she wouldn't have met him. Beggars can't be choosers, she thought.

"You let this burn I'll never forgive you."

A soft giggle escaped her lips and another shake of her head as she took his place in front of the food as he walked away. She picked up the spatula and began moving around the food lightly, making sure that it wouldn't burn. After all she wouldn't want any bad feelings between the two of them and the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.... right?. Her eyes flicked over to watch where he disappeared to. What she wouldn't give to have super hearing at this very moment. Why was her special ability the power to heal people.... why couldn't it be something cool... like super speed. Strength. Mind reading. Hearing.... A small sigh came from her lips.

After he emerged from the bathroom she saw the smile on his lips, but somehow she had the feeling he was angry with whoever had called him. Then her mind went back to the events of last night. It must have something to do with the mess he had gotten into. It made her almost slightly angry at him that he was putting himself in harms way just so people could obviously use him to get things they wanted. Why don't people care about one another anymore, she thought. What is freaking wrong with this world?

"Where were we?"

She looked down at the food in the pan, moving the spatula around a little bit more, seeing that the food was finished. She removed the pan from the heat, placing it on the counter, and flicked off the stove. Don't need the place catching on fire, she thought. "We were just about to have some delicious breakfast. I do believe..." she paused for a moment. "So who was that... I'm guessing it was in relation to what happened last night?"

She needed to start saying what she was thinking.  People had too little time on this earth to be smirking and grinning all to themselves.  Her brain was churning, that was for sure.

"Mmmm... I love OJ. Favorite morning drink, right there,"

“I prefer whisky on my oatmeal, but O.J. works too…” he mused, used to moving around someone in the morning.  From the outside, it looked smooth and rehearsed, on the inside it was weird, and strange.  Odd.  It brought back things he didn’t want to think about.

"And I'm not too sure I'd ever use that line to get into a place.... I don't really go out too much to drink and have a good time. I'm usually always good for a night at home with my wine bottle. Unless I am looking for trouble. Then I'll go out,"

Chuckle was deep in his chest, genuine.

“That works too.”

"Always working, huh? Well that's kind of sad. Though I suppose if you think about it I'm always on the clock too...."

“Not sad, I just found a way to make work something I enjoy.  If you’re a slave to someone elses dime, what’s the point?”

Speaking of… damn phone.  He knew exactly who it was before he even looked, and when he returned he was really hoping things weren’t heading straight for the trash with a screaming fire alarm.  One thing he really hated, sirens.  Alarms.  The sound of something screeching over panicked thoughts was a trigger on a powder keg of crazy.   

"We were just about to have some delicious breakfast. I do believe..."

“Exxxxxcellent…” plates spun in his palms as he ‘set’ the table, snicking down the lever to swallow the bread into the toaster, poking at it a second for it to go all the way down. There were no qualms about moving hot things around with his bare hands.  He didn’t even think about it for a moment, picking up the skillet by the side to toss some bacon down on both plates before putting it back on the stove.

Oh crap… she didn’t know about that.  He wiggled his fingers at her, then touched a palm to the hot flattop stove.

“It’s all good,” he said calmly, silver sliding over his skin with a shimmer and disappearing as it seemed to soak back in.  “It’s a byproduct of being a drunken Colossus.”

"So who was that... I'm guessing it was in relation to what happened last night?"

Uhoh Batman.  Pull overrrr.  Morning police…..  Fuuuu…  the toast clicked up at that moment and he snatched it, tossing one on her plate and stuffing the other in his mouth before pushing down two more into the toaster.

“Everything is always related.  Anyone that says different is either lying or trying to sell you something.  Probably both,” the wisdom was muffled out through the toast as he waited for the other to pop up.  He finally chewed and swallowed enough to speak clearly.  Two more popped up and he sat at the table, the other given to her.  “The less you know, the longer you’ll probably live.”

Smirk was like the cat that ate the canary, but it held a lick of seriousness.

“I get shot more than I’d like to admit… it fucking sucks...”

“I prefer whisky on my oatmeal, but O.J. works too…”

Eyes narrowed at him at the mention of whiskey on his oatmeal. She really hadn't ever met anyone that typically liked things covered in alcohol or for that matter alcohol at all times of the day. Then again the way she grew up was that alcohol wasn't for her until she was 21 and even then it was only suppose to be drank either at night or if she were to be going out. EVEN then it was all about have a DD. Inwardly she sighed and still kept her eyes on him.

"That is just beyond weird and crazy you know....Such a weirdo," she said in a soft jokingly voice. There were times when she wished she could just let go of all her inhibitions. That should could just completely be unaware of her insecurities. Then she thought about Boone and just how often he probably found himself in trouble, or in need of some kind of assistance. Which could be anything to medical care or back up of fire power of some sort. She wished she was a badass. A gun totting bad ass healer. Never had any training. Never really THOUGHT about getting training. She never found herself in situations that called for it.

“Not sad, I just found a way to make work something I enjoy."

Wouldn't that be nice. To find a way that seeing people in pain wouldn't break her heart every single time. Par for the course with her though. She was such a softy and it never made her feel good to see someone hurting which is sorta why she went into the medical field. To take that pain away from people. "I guess that's a good trait to have. I feel that way sort of, but I just.... seeing people in pain. It hurts. That's why I feel I have the.... responsibility to help take the pain away. After all, what would be the reasoning behind me having this healing ability if I were to never use it for good?" Her words came out kind of quickly. Then she realized she just got really serious. Really quickly. "Sorry... too serious..."

The sight of him spinning plates on the palm of her hands made her half expect to hear a crashing noise, but alas. Apparently that's another thing he's good at, she thought. If that had been here. Well. Let's just say there would be a mess to clean up. Another thing he noticed was that it seemed he liked to eat a hearty breakfast. Slightly weird for her. Nine times out of ten it was just a bowl of cereal. More than likely Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Cereal of fucking choice by far. She did notice him pick up the skillet by the side. Instinctively she moved slightly toward him, feeling as though she'd have to heal his hands, but stopped, as he showed her another pro to his ability.

“It’s a byproduct of being a drunken Colossus.”

"Well shit. That is pretty awesome too. So.... You aren't able to, form it over your chest .... say.... if you were gonna get shot?" Her question was more or less just because she was intrigued yet again in his ability. Way more of a physical ability than hers. Made her kind of envious. Ok. Really envious. Though there was something she hasn't had to explain to him. Though she really hadn't ever had to use the other side of her ability per say.

“Everything is always related.  Anyone that says different is either lying or trying to sell you something.  Probably both.”

His words kind of sounded familiar.... like maybe she had heard them from a movie or something. "Now.... is some of that saying from a movie... I feel like I've heard it somewhere before...I don't know....I could be wrong," the words came out as he swallowed his toast. She smiled and watched him as the last two pieces of toast made their happy way out of the toaster. Usually the pop of the toast coming up made her jump, but for some reason not today. Thank god, she thought, something else that would have made me look like a pussy.

“The less you know, the longer you’ll probably live.”

Well. That was an interesting sentence. In her mind that wasn't always the case. "Ya know. The more you know is actually better. Then that way you know how to protect yourself. Or when to run if shit hits the fan, but that's just my thinking on the whole thing. Kind of like. If you know there's a guy on the other side of the door holding a gun, it'd probably be a better idea to go through a window instead of the door," by this time as her words were running out of her mouth she got the distinct feeling like there was some rambling going on. On her part. Not his.

“I get shot more than I’d like to admit… it fucking sucks...”

She went to sit down at the table in front of her plate and looked over at him, tilting her head slightly. "You ever think it would be a good idea to try and not get shot as much," the question was all joking of course. No one WANTED to get shot. Probably was not something that was fun to experience. "I'm not gonna be around every time to heal you, ya know. I could be.... busy.... doing something else the next time Ali calls me in the middle of the night," her words were true.

He stopped chewing at the narrowed eyes, chipmunk cheek still managing to allow a smirk.  The usually drunk accountant had picked up his plate and was leaning against the counter as he ate. It was just more comfortable, he hadn’t sat down for a breakfast that he could remember since the world went to shit.  Before that... Detroit mornings were beautiful, penthouse high rise or RenCen.  Their glass house… smirk lit his lips again as the weirdness was brushed away.

“Grandpa lived to 92.  Shot of whisky every morning on his oatmeal.  Though…. “ he looked thoughtful.  “It could have been the oatmeal, dunno.”

"That is just beyond weird and crazy you know....Such a weirdo,"

“Have you met me???”

He listened to her trials and tribulations with her work, a quirk in his brow as he ate.  Coffee… he reached over and clicked the switch on his coffee maker.

“You don’t have to be a healer just because you can ya know…  ARMA and all, I get it… but I make shotguns and bikes, talent for it.  Good at it.  I’m an accountant and Pharos fetch-boy by day though.”

That was about as much as he would divulge. Director Ward… jackass.  He had a bullseye on his back from that ball buster.  Dick.

“So.... You aren't able to, form it over your chest .... say.... if you were gonna get shot?"

He looked up at her from his plate, same quirk in his brow.

“Yah.  I can do some crazy ass shit… but yah.  Problem is I can’t move and it takes focus.  So… protecting my chest is great and all, but if I have to duck right after I can’t do it.”

Hand went up again and he wiggled his fingers, then a gold seemed to coat from his fingertips to his wrist.

“Can’t move it… it’s like a candy coated shell.”

It soaked into his skin and vanished as he reached to grab a coffee cup and pour one for himself and her.  Cabinet opened and he put a splash of whisky in his.  Jebus…. he never really thought about how much he drank until now…

"You ever think it would be a good idea to try and not get shot as much,"

He laughed, grabbing the coffee cup by the rim instead of the handle and glancing at her over it as he took a drink.  Bacon crunched again as he popped it into his mouth.

"I'm not gonna be around every time to heal you, ya know. I could be.... busy.... doing something else the next time Ali calls me in the middle of the night,"

His face fell a bit more serious, lips pursing.

“My work is dangerous.  I go… out into nowhere in the middle of the night.  Sometimes for weeks.  I’ve seen things that people don’t even realize exist.  I deal with shitty people that back out of deals or want more in return than they originally asked for.  People are dicks.  That’s why they keep me around, I’m also a dick and have no problem shooting them in the face in return.”

He kicked back the rest of his coffee.

“But… it’s a risk I signed up for.  Been shot in the field a few times, bitten by shit, stabbed a couple times… lucky enough to be close to safe holes.  One of these days, I’ll die out there.”

It was such a stark confession, and he seemed to have no qualms about it.

“I’ve already come to terms with that.  I’m gonna live like I wanna live.”

Cup swirled a bit to get the rest of the liquid together and he knocked that back too, turning to rinse off his plate and his glass- into the dishwasher.  He had one. Yassssss…

“The world is not safe.  If you died tomorrow you would have lived through the end of the world only to play it safe now?”

He leaned on the counter again, arms crossing to tap his thumbs on his biceps.

“Fuck that.  I’m going out shooting…”

Expression quirked.  This was soooo....  domestic.  Again the weirdness in his chest.  WEIRD.

“Moving on.”

Phone rang again.  Expression turned dark as he glanced at it on the counter.  He snatched it and snapped it open.

“I said, Fuck.  Off.”

Eyes snapped to her, closing the phone.  It was a different expression, the vicious Hyde to the normal smartass Jekyll.  Movements also changed, purposeful, powerful.

“Get in the bathroom,” he hissed, already moving, slap of bare feet drowned out by the racking of a shotgun he'd grabbed at the same time there was a knock at his main door.

The sight of his chipmunk cheek caused a huge grin to form on her face. He looked like a complete dork and it was hilarious to her. "Such a charming look for you," she said and then let out a soft giggle. Her eyes stayed on him as he began to speak. Another smile graced her face at the mention of someone in his family. "I don't think you're grandpa lived for so long because he drank whiskey on his oatmeal. Also. Oatmeal is so gross," she confessed her dislike of oatmeal.

“Have you met me???”

"Yes. I have met you.... though I haven't known you that long," she paused for a moment. "Though I hope we will be able to be friends....since I saved your life and all," she tilted her head to the side slightly. Even if things hadn't gone the way they had. Even if Boone had turned out to be a complete asshole, she'd still feel slightly obligated or even would want to be friends. Or maybe it was more of that she had healed him once and that she didn't want that heal to go to waste. Whatever the case she was certain she felt a friendship with him now.

“You don’t have to be a healer just because you can ya know…"

His words really rang true with her and she stayed silent for a moment. Thinking about if she should explain to him that she didn't just have healing abilities. "I'm not just a healer you know. I may or may not have another side of my ability...." She trailed off with her words. It was super simple for her to explain, but if he didn't ask about it then she wouldn't explain any further.

"Problem is I can’t move and it takes focus."

She could totally understand the focusing part. It did take some focus for here to heal people, but she'd done it so many times that it sort of has become like a second nature to her. "I wonder if you practiced enough that maybe you'd be able to eventually move.... Ya know. Practice makes perfect," she replied to him. Then thought of her own situation and her ability to harm people. She hardly EVER used it, but she figured that if she had used it a little more that she would probably be able to cause some really bad damage.

“Can’t move it… it’s like a candy coated shell.”

Even seeing his ability in action, in daylight, was something quite extraordinary. It was definitely interesting to see and watch. Then the words .... Instantly her mind went somewhere that she did NOT want it to go and quickly she pushed some thoughts aside that were better left unspoken. "Candy. Ugh. I need some chocolate...." She said the words half jokingly, but in reality chocolate made everything better. She figured that chocolate was to her how alcohol was to Boone.

“My work is dangerous..."

There was no doubt in her mind that his job was dangerous. It was just something she wasn't used to. Nine times out of ten if there is something dangerous that could potentially happen to her she will do anything to help herself either get out of the situation or do her best to not get hurt or injured. Then again fate has a funny way of making things happen even if you do or don't want it to. "I think that you aren't as much as a dick that you think or believe you are. If you were a complete dick you would not have been how you were last night."

"I’m gonna live like I wanna live.”

"And that's a good way to live. I think everyone should live that way, but I also believe that everyone should do their best to stay alive and lead a fulfilling life," she said the words softly, but also knew that not taking risks was also no way to live. People needed interaction with each other. Even if it could lead to something bad or good. But it made her heart ache a little bit to hear that he was so ready and willing to just go out like that. At any moments notice. She, on the other hand, was going to do her best to stay alive as long as possible.

"If you died tomorrow you would have lived through the end of the world only to play it safe now?”

His words made her think for a moment before she responded. "I think it's more of just making sure that I have more life to live. Yes. I may have lived through the end of the world, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go running around like a crazy person," she said the last few words through a smile, picking on him once more a little.

As his phone rang once more she thought that he was defiantly quite popular today. Maybe he was going to be busy and he just didn't know it yet. The next thought was that maybe she should get back to her place so that he could go about his business. Business which she was fairly certain he wanted to keep her out of, which made complete sense, but she couldn't help it that she was curious.

“I said, Fuck.  Off.”

Right after those words were out of his mouth it was like someone literally flipped a switch inside of his head. He went from being one way to be something completely different within two seconds. It instantly made her worried and cautious all at the same time. How weird was it that they were literally just talking about dangerous things and then his demeanor changes on the drop of a dime.

“Get in the bathroom.”

It didn't take her but two seconds for her brain to kick into over drive. Instinct must have slightly taken over and she picked up her plate, moving to his trash can and dumping them in there. Something else I'll have to repay for him, she thought. She kept her mouth quiet as she quickly moved to the bathroom, closing the door silently and taking a step back away from the door. She stood there silent and still, then two seconds later she silently cursed at herself because she realized she left her phone over by his bed.

"I'm not just a healer you know. I may or may not have another side of my ability...."

“Everyone has two sides.”

It was so true.  Some, a gentle variance… it was only natural.  Some, a vicious bi-polar existence.

"I wonder if you practiced enough that maybe you'd be able to eventually move.... Ya know. Practice makes perfect,"

“I’m just a meta, I can’t learn to twitch my nose and do more things” he swallowed the last of his OJ.  “No more fun for me, I have other manifestations of the crazy train, but that’ll be it for life. I’m good with it.”

"I think that you aren't as much as a dick that you think or believe you are. If you were a complete dick you would not have been how you were last night."

His laugh was fully amused.

“There’s a great deal of trust extended when you do a friend a solid.  I’m afraid your boss is an old friend, and he knows what an asshole I can be… but it was also a favor to ask you to come here.  I don’t want to fuck over good deeds.  Bad karma.  Plus I’m a good man whore.  Not the kind that are true asshats.  I have standards to my man whore behavior, which includes not taking advantage of good deeds... because that's how you end up with exes that smash your car window with baseball bats and set your clothes on fire.”

Ya..... so that had happened a few times.

“I also believe that everyone should do their best to stay alive and lead a fulfilling life,"

The statement hit a nerve, every smartass inhibition drained in a snap second.

“I think it's more of just making sure that I have more life to live. Yes. I may have lived through the end of the world, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go running around like a crazy person,"

“Some of us enjoy it,” he said simply.  “Crazy is all some have to keep from losing their minds completely.”

Aw fuck it, he was too sober to be pondering life, grabbing a beer from the fridge.  When he did, he got pissy, and when he got pissy he picked fights that never ended well.  When his phone rang he was in the middle of a long swig of his favorite stout.  Speaking of picking a fight.

Thank god she didn’t second guess him as he slammed down the bottle and stalked to the door.  Fuck this not listening to the terms of the deal.  Shotgun was great, but…. he put it on the rack.

He didn’t even bother checking the cameras, bare toe flicked up the door chock behind the door that was mounted in the floor to keep assholes from forcing the door completely open.  Locks were clicked and he opened the door a foot, firing the contents of an entire Sig clip into the warehouse wall above their heads across the alley, tossing it to the side, grabbing the shotgun, racking it and putting it on point.

“You come here again I will fucking kill you.”

There was only one, and he was still ducked down, covering his head.  Door slammed and he stalked to the damn safe, flipping through the code and pulling out that ugly ass necklace charm in a small jewelry bag, returning and opening the door to the chock stop to toss the damn thing out.

“Go away, you're interrupting my peaceful, asshole free morning.”

The click wasn’t surprising.  He should have known.  Another asshat with his back against the wall on the outside, waiting for the Irishman to lean out the door enough to get an aim.  The first finally found the balls to stop cowering and snatched his shotgun when he put his hands up.

“Not a good idea fuckface,” bare feet stepped out of the door and into the still dim early morning…. because he didn’t want them inside.  Normally?  It would be an all-out brawl at that moment.  He didn’t want them firing inside.  This is what happened when he had friends over.  He was not meant to have a social life outside his bar.

The best weapon he had right now was his mouth.

“I shoot straight.  It’s you motherfuckers that always want to change the stakes when you get a hard-on for the stuff that I risk my neck to find.  You got your stuff, early I might add, by coming to my place which is never part of the deal.  Interrupted my first beer of the day.  You don’t get to get pissed for getting shot at.”

The aim was pulled off him.

“Thank you,” he snatched his shotgun back.  “Dipshits.  Go away.  Don't call me again. Find another gopher.”

*npc* "But you're the best fetch gopher"

"Fuck off Jimmy.  Point that gun at me ever again and I'll shove it up your ass."

He stepped back in, slammed the door behind him and locked it again, shotgun on the rack, picking up his Sig and setting it on the coffee table with a huffed sigh.

Where the fuck was his beer?

One day she knew she'd have to use her harming ability. One day she knew that she'd have to be the one dealing out the pain instead of taking the pain away. Why was she so scared to do so? What was it about harming or hurting someone that just seemed to make her skin crawl? Inside her heart she knew she'd never realized or find out the answers to those questions. She did know that she would need to be ready. Ready to fight. Ready to survive.

“Everyone has two sides.”

Everything Boone seemed to say had some very real and true ring to it. After just meeting him she could tell he wasn't just another guy that walked the streets and he certainly wasn't one of those thugs that roamed the streets either. Thank God, she thought. "Yeah. I know, but sometimes I just do not like that other side to rear it's ugly head." Her words were also true. It scared her. She scared herself.

"I can’t learn to twitch my nose and do more things.”

A small grin played on her lips. "I think if I saw you twitch your nose like Samantha on Bewitched I'd probably laugh so hard I would die," she said the words playfully. Then mentally she seemed to picture it in her mind and a soft giggle escaped her lips. It would be something hilarious to see though, she thought. She missed that show. An oldie, but definitely a goodie.

"Plus I’m a good man whore."

Her smile had faded as she listened to him. Then when he got to those few words it almost felt like her cheeks were burning a little. It had been a long long time before any man had showed remotely any interest in her. It was something she was okay with. Being alone and all. Sure there were nights when she died a little inside as she laid in her bed, day dreaming about having someone to confide in, have fun with, and just someone to BE there. She cleared her throat softly. "Yeah. Wouldn't want any bad karma coming your way..... or mine, for that matter. And trust me. I would have been out of here in two seconds had you done something that I didn't agree with."

“Crazy is all some have to keep from losing their minds completely.”

The smile came back slightly and she shook her head. "You don't need to have a crazy life, Boone. There are many other things to do with ones life. It's just a matter of finding it. Though. I guess I could argue that what I do is dangerous...... coming to a random strangers house.... in the middle of the night." Now that she thought about it. It did sound extremely crazy and somewhat careless. Yes, it had been at the request of her boss and she knew Ali wouldn't do anything to put her in harms way, but you can't control people's own actions.

After she had made it to the bathroom and shut the door she pressed her back against the wall, standing there and waiting for what would happen next. She had noticed Boone grab a bottle of beer and at this moment she had slightly wished she grabbed one too. She felt as though she was too sober to be in a situation like this. Serious conversations she was fine with, but situations in which her life ( or anyone else for that matter ) made her nervous as hell.

Her hands flew up to her mouth as she heard the gunshots, to keep herself from crying out or mildly screaming. They had sounded like they came from inside....right, she thought. She kept her hands over her mouth for a second more, then removed them after she had heard Boone speak.

“You come here again I will fucking kill you.”

Oh for fuck's sake, she thought. Then her next thought that flew through her mind was that he WAS crazy. She realized though that having crazy on your side in a fight or a battle was probably the best thing to have. Her head tilted slightly, straining her ears to hear what was going on through the bathroom door. She took a small breath in and let it out slowly and quietly before moving up to the door. She very quietly cracked it open just in time to see Boone grabbing what he had had last night from a safe.

“Go away, you're interrupting my peaceful, asshole free morning.”

She stayed inside the bathroom with the door opened a little even as Boone stepped out of the building. She pushed the door open a little more and waited for a moment before he stepped back inside and shut his door. The door slowly opened all the way as he put his Sig back on the table. A soft sigh came from her lips after somewhat sensing that the danger was over, at least for the moment. "Well. That was interesting...."

Her eyes stayed on him, seeing that he still had that flip switched a little. She moved to the fridge and pulled out two beers then moved to him and placed them on the table by his gun. "Mind opening one for me," she asked as she looked at him. She wasn't normally a day drinker, but after that she felt as though she deserved one. Plus, she grabbed him one too. So. Points to her, she figured.

"And you aren't their best fetch gopher..... they are just assholes. If someone doesn't abide by your rules. Fuck them.... they don't deserve your expertise......" She was getting defensive.... she felt like she wanted to go find those jerks and place a hand on them. Make them bleed. Maybe break a few bones. What the fuck is wrong with me, she thought.

She was moving around in there.  Damn it.  That was why he didn’t have a significant other, he couldn’t have one, he couldn’t protect them.  DAMN IT.  It was a spilling anger, prickling over his entire body, riddled in panic and fury.  He couldn’t shoot the invading fuckers in the head, he just couldn’t, but he wanted to… and they deserved it.  Didn’t they?

He needed his crazy life. 

Needed it to keep him sane as weird as that sounded. 

Fuck being serious.  Fuck it with a duck.  After downing the first bottle, it wanted to leave his hand.  It wanted to be smacked against a wall and shattered into tiny bits because it would make him feel better.  People did NOT come to his home and threaten him, did NOT.

"Well. That was interesting...."

He was quiet.  A big mouth with nothing to say for the moment.  He was not used to having someone in his space after his home was invaded, at least not someone he wasn’t kicking the crap out of for forcefully invading it.

"Mind opening one for me,"

Eyes blinked at her, the redirect pulling his thoughts from a spiraling dark place. Smirk was immediate.  “Always ready to open one.”

Thumbnail did its fun metal party trick and took both the caps off.  He was way too fucking sober for this time of morning.

"And you aren't their best fetch gopher..... they are just assholes. If someone doesn't abide by your rules. Fuck them.... they don't deserve your expertise......"

“I actually am,” he raised the bottle in a quick acknowledged toast before taking a long swig.  “…I go anywhere, to get anything.  But, you’re right on the other account. Fuck them and their stupid crap.”

Did he have to do anything today?  He didn’t think so.

“Let’s get this place cleaned up.  You probably got places to be.”

There could be the most emotionally handicapped person in the room and even THAT person would be able to feel the anger coming off of Boone. It was almost like it was coming in waves and for a split second she almost felt nervous to be around him for the first time, but she had an inkling that her being in his presence when something dangerous happened probably was something that set him on edge in the first place.

Did he care that much?

She wasn't about to ask that question. Not after only meeting him last night. That was way too serious even for her and she had a feeling that he wasn't about to get that serious with anyone any time soon. So she kept her mouth shut as she watched him down the beer. He really is on edge, she thought. Then she suddenly wished that he had killed those men..... which was weird for her, but the thought was there.

“Always ready to open one.”

It had been a risk asking him to open the beer for her, but she had hoped it would stop him from essentially freaking out. She didn't need him to be so angry. She didn't want him to be so angry. She watched him use his ability to open the beer and smiled at him after he took the top off her beer. "Thanks..." she said before taking a few sips, making a weird face and suddenly realizing that she was DRINKING beer. A beverage that she really did not enjoy drinking.

“I actually am.”

A soft sigh came from her lips. "I really have no doubt in my mind that you aren't. You're probably the most crazy and in a way brave person that I will ever meet, but I wouldn't even allow them to hire you again. They really don't deserve you," she said the words and set her beer down on the table, shyly admitting to herself that she wouldn't probably drink it.

“Let’s get this place cleaned up.  You probably got places to be.”

After hearing his last words she walked quickly over to his bed and picked up her phone, checking the time and noticed that she had about 30 minutes until her shift at the hospital started. She was needed else where to save more lives. She placed her phone in her pocket and picked up her keys, hoping no damage had happened to her car during the night or the morning. She made a quick turn back around and walked over to him. "I actually need to get going... I've got 30 minutes until my shift at the hospital starts...." she paused for a second. "Also. That beer is totally all yours if you want it."

He squinted at her morning beer face.  Hahaha… making the world working drunks one person at a time!

“Sorry… forget that most people don’t drink in the morning.”

At least she ate first… that would help, especially if she had to work.  No alcohol breath to speak of.

"I really have no doubt in my mind that you aren't. You're probably the most crazy and in a way brave person that I will ever meet, but I wouldn't even allow them to hire you again. They really don't deserve you,"

“Makes life interesting.”

Brow cocked slightly as she set her beer down. Alcohol abuse… what a waste.  Apparently his mention of work made something spark in her brain and she went to pick up her phone, probably to check the time.  He tipped back the rest of the bottle as she came back, leaning on the counter, bare ankles crossed, arms following suit. It was definitely a two beer kind of morning.

"I actually need to get going... I've got 30 minutes until my shift at the hospital starts...."

“That’s a snazzy gig,” he smirked slightly.  “And here you found time to patch up little old me.”

"Also. That beer is totally all yours if you want it."

She didn’t have to tell him twice, snatching it.  Maybe it was a three beer morning.

“Of course,” he tipped that back too.  Three beers before lunch within a half hour, that seemed about right for all the bullshit within the last 12 hours.  Setting it in the sink with the others, he pushed off the counter, grabbing his own cell.  “I can walk you out at least… gotta do the locks on the door for ya or you'll be stuck with me forever...”

He flipped his cell open and handed it to her as he undid the locks and snapped the floor chock down so the door could actually open, peeking out and looking both ways into the alley.  Hand was held out with a ‘gimme’ motion for her phone in return as he made sure there were no other asshats hanging around outside.

“Put your number in my phone, make up a cool name for yourself… like…. BringerofAwesome or AssSaver or some shit, makes it more fun with caller I.D.”

He in turn would do the same… and they'd be phone buddies!  This shit was getting serious..

“Sorry… forget that most people don’t drink in the morning.”

She smiled at his words and felt like she could totally be one of those people that drank in the morning, if her life would only allow that. "I would totally drink in the morning, but my life doesn't allow that. I need to pretty much be one hundred percent aware one hundred percent of the time....If I went into work drunk I'd be fired on the spot," she said softly. Though I could probably find a freelance job healing random people for a fair amount of pay, she thought, but that would mean completely exposing myself.

“Makes life interesting.”

A slight nod of her head before she spoke. "I have no doubt that it does, but that doesn't mean you don't need to work for people that at least mildly treat you well and respect how you work," she said softly and realized that she kept lecturing him. It almost made her want to bite her tongue. She hated when people lectured her. Though she wondered with his attitude if he didn't really care.

“That’s a snazzy gig.”

Another smile graced her face and she shrugged slightly. "It pays the bills and it's pretty much all my life is for the most part, but when ARMA calls in a favor I pretty much feel it's pretty high on my list and needs to be taken care of first and foremost," she replied to him and sighed. There were times that she would like to have a more free felt life, but she really didn't think that that would ever happen. Unfortunately. "And i was asleep when I got the call. So you are very very lucky I came over...... I love my sleep..."

“I can walk you out at least… gotta do the locks on the door for ya or you'll be stuck with me forever...”

"I think you've had your fair share of beers this morning," she said with a small smile, teasing him slightly. She watched him and gave him another slight nod, accepting him walking her out. "That'd be nice. Even though, to be honest, I was way more nervous waiting out there for you last night than I am walking out to my car in the daytime." Yep, I'm a wuss, she thought silently to herself.

For a moment she wondered why he had handed her his phone and watched him be his apparently usual self of being somewhat protective and looking out of the door probably checking to make sure there wasn't anyone who might have stayed behind from early. That wouldn't surprise her though. Those guys were such freaking assholes, she thought. She saw his hand and unlocked her phone, then handed it to him, wondering if he was gonna put some weird tracking thing on her phone.

“Put your number in my phone, make up a cool name for yourself… like…. BringerofAwesome or AssSaver or some shit, makes it more fun with caller I.D.”

"Oh.... okay," she said as she imputed her info into his phone. For a moment she thought of what exactly to put her name as and decided to go with AssSaver because well.... she wondered who WOULDN'T want to save his ass. A soft smile hit her lips as well as a soft blush, but she kept her mouth shut and kept that thought to herself. "Alright. Got it in there," she said as she closed his phone and held it out for him to take as her other hand opened, waiting for her phone.

“I would totally drink in the morning, but my life doesn't allow that. I need to pretty much be one hundred percent aware one hundred percent of the time....If I went into work drunk I'd be fired on the spot,"

“Yah, don’t do that…only losers get fired,”  like HIM.  How many times had he been fired? Demoted more like.  Son of a bitch it felt like being fired.  Pharos was so dumb sometimes, and all their stuffy butts.

"I have no doubt that it does, but that doesn't mean you don't need to work for people that at least mildly treat you well and respect how you work,"

“Okay mom,” he winked at her as tossed some pillows back where they belonged in his 'living room'. He did have some shit to do too, but they could wait until he was good and ready.  They could demote him again for non-report, but he thought they were starting to realize that it didn’t really bother him and that kinda sucked.

"And i was asleep when I got the call. So you are very very lucky I came over...... I love my sleep..."

“Yahhhhhh… not often someone gets the drop on me, so thanks for that.”

The grin on his face as he typed in his info was slowly moving toward a smirk the faster his thumbs moved and he tossed the phone back.

“Thank ya Ms. Doc,” he crossed his arms and leaned in the doorway.  “I would say I hope to see you again soon, but I’m hoping not under the same circumstances… you know what I mean.”

Smirk had finally oodled it’s way onto his features, reaching up to try and smooth the muss of hair that always seemed to fall in the right place. Jaw was scratched… he needed to shave before heading in to get his ass reamed out.

A little wave preceded his duck back into his “house” to get ready for the day.

Archived