SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • Reunited and it Feels So Good?

Pandora Chapel

Pandora had written a letter.  Short, sweet, and to the point.  "Meet me."  An address scribbled lazily at the bottom followed by her initials.  "P.C."  She'd hoped that would strike a few chords in her vibrant haired acquaintances brain.  It had been three years since she'd been back to New York.  After Nix took over and Pandora tucked herself away things had gone south for the Magus.  She unwillingly joined the Order of the Light.  Joining the OL wasn't the worst thing she'd done though.  Nix had pent up anger he had to get out.  Several people had fallen to his wrath, and with his newly found powers he made them painful and gruesome deaths.  Like two statues that slowly pulled a man apart.  A Rogue Magus that refused his offer to train under the Order.  Nix had hoped the man would change his mind after a bit of coercion.  It wasn't until the mans spine began to split and crack that he gave in.  By then it was too late.  At least to Nix.  He had denied him the first chance he got, and when he was terrified and on the brink of death he finally gave in.  The OL didn't need that kind of weakness.  He, didn't need that kind of weakness.  Pandora was forced to watch on in horror as the mans body pulled apart and everything that was once inside, fell to the floor.

Nevertheless there she stood.  A short white dress hugged her newly toned body from the years of service and training to the Order.  Her hair pulled into a loose bun that allowed some strands and her bangs to fall around her face.  The only makeup apparent around her eyes, once a bright yellow, now turned a dark golden.  Not the Pandora anyone knew from before.  She stood straight, her arms folded neatly behind her back with fingers intertwined, and she held an air of sexuality, authority, and intimidation.  Men stared from a distance, women hated their men for doing so.  Although they were in an art gallery, how still she stood, and how pristine her image was, made her look like a work of art herself.  Nix prepared her body though, felt for every sculpture in the gallery and found several decent sized ones, all with a vantage point around the building.  Which meant she could keep watch for her former friend.

Pandora's eyes shut and she let her vision flick between the different statues, like a surveillance system.  Ever watchful for Kelly Collins.  Rebel.  Traitor.  Whore.

-You don't need to go that far Nix.-

-I only speak the truth my dear friend.  She is a menace...   Alas I've come to this meeting for you.  Although the Order has decided to turn a blind eye to the ARMA scum I refuse to.  But I know you need closure after the abrupt ending of that friendship all those years ago.  So here we are-

-They're good people... I don't know why you can't see that.-

-Good people don't rebel against an organization that's trying to make the world a better place.  We've done so much for this city, yet they turn their backs on that.  All for some self-righteous cause.-

-Maybe because the Order isn't as good as you think they are.-

-I know what the Order is.  I know what they do.  It's all for the better of the world... Nevertheless.  Like I said, we're here for you.  Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.-

-Thanks... I guess.-

Pandora fell silent.  She knew that no matter what she said, she wouldn't change his mind.  Nix was stuck on his organization being the only good one.  The only one able to fix the world and make it safe.  Hell the way he painted it's picture the more she believed it.  Her thought process was cut off as Kelly's familiar figure came into the view of one of the statues and a devilish smile crossed her flawless face.  Eyelids finally lifted to reveal the golden orbs hidden behind them and she took in a breath.

[pandora]This man once said, 'You must be the change you want to see in the world.'[/pandora] Pandora's voice was thoughtful and bathed with a sweetness that almost sounded dangerous as her eyes looked upon a painting of Ghandi, never once did they look towards Kelly.  [pandora]I wish to fix the world.  Make it safer.  A better place for everyone... What is it you want?  To throw a wrench in the plans of the Order for your own benefits?  Cause unreasonable chaos and distrust?[/pandora]

Pandora turned then, the OL's pin flashed in the light as she did so.  It sat proudly upon her chest, like it's partner the Signet Ring that hung around her finger.  Another ring sat above it, covered in runes and gave off a strange magic, though it was hard to detect.  The ringed hand waved through the air and she turned back to the painting.

[pandora]Peace is a fickle thing.  As far as I'm concerned this... cease fire... between the Order and ARMA isn't going to last.  I look forward to the day I can lay waste to your silly headquarters.  Alas that's not why we're here is it?[/pandora]  Nix cleared her throat and sighed.  Pandora slowly slid into place, though she was still heavily controlled by the mental parasite.  [pandora]I came for some closure.  We may not have been the greatest of friends back then.  But we were still friends.  Shit you were the only person that really accepted me after Ireland... So, I figured I'd give you a proper farewell.[/pandora]

Her eyes remained their new golden hue and she still didn't face Kelly.  Instead her head tilted towards the ceiling, where a mural of angels rest in a circle around one she could only guess was Jesus.  Pandora felt like Judas.  She'd betrayed her old friend.  Instead of getting the help she needed.  She just ran.  Exactly what Nix had wanted and exactly what he got.

[pandora]Your lover has kept you quite the company I'm sure.  Most likely helped with pushing me to the back of your mind.  Not sure if I should care or not, but it should help a little in letting it all go.  After all we are no longer on the same side of the rope, and I can't imagine a friendship between us would be too intelligent.[/pandora]

Nix snapped into position and Pandora retreated back into the corners of her mind.  He could feel her breaking beneath the emotion and the last thing he needed was an emotional Pandora running amok within their noggin.

[pandora]Not that I'd allow it anyway.[/pandora]

Kelly kind of stared at Pandora for a second and tilted her head. [kelly]Did...did you just do a villain speech at me?[/kelly] She asked, moving her fingers around like she didn't believe what she just heard. [kelly]Like what the hell Panda.[/kelly]

She didn't know what to expect coming here.

Thing had first become awkward after a semi-intimate night together. Then she got hurt. Then she got possessed. Then she visited her when Joce was staying over. Now it all had gone to shit.

She hadn't even heard a peep from her in over a year, and when she was chasing Joce, she couldn't help but wonder if she was chasing after her too. She wanted to say she was sorry. She wanted to fix things. She maybe even wanted to talk about that night together, how she thought about her some nights if they went further...

If maybe they could think about what they had meant to each other in that short time together...

Still, Kelly scoffed. She had walked to her after receiving the text, not even figuring out why she should come. She didn't need to hear this. She wanted to talk to Panda. Her Panda. Not Nix. Not this bullshit about cease fires and lines and sides. She wanted her fucking friend.

[kelly]Nix. Let her talk. I don't want t see you. I want to see her and only her. You called me here to talk right? Not gloat. This doesn't even seem your style. Saturday morning cartoon speeches? Shit. Is that what you tell yourself to keep her in control? That I'm happy with Joce. Jesus. Joce bounced a month after you did. I went to go after BOTH of you. Literally both of you. I loved both of you and...fuck you know what. If Joce didn't come back, I'll admit, that yes I would have made a move because I cared about her. I cared about who you were and wanted to help, but not like this. There's no closure Nik, because the closure is getting you out of her head. Exorcising you like the proper demon you are. How's that for a speech![/kelly] The fury was vivid in Kelly's eyes, flickering at him.

[kelly]And I demand to talk to her. Now.[kelly]

[pandora]"Oh I did. Did you not like it?  Took you so long to get here I prepared it just for you.  Hell I figured for a speedster you'd be able to move that tight ass of yours a little faster."[/pandora]

-Nix, stop it.-

-Stop what exactly? She's the one antagonizing this fight.  I've been nothing but cordial to her.-

-Just... Stop.-

[pandora]Oh but she was talking.  I was only part of that conversation.  I've rightly convinced our dear friend that the Light is the only way![/pandora] The magus chuckled and played with a strand of hair by her face, [pandora]Honestly didn't take much convincing after you and ARMA practically turned your backs on her.  She stepped aside and let me take the reins.  You left a poor, broken, and scared Pandora to fend for herself whilst you lay in bed with your red haired vixen.  Jocelyn.[/pandora]

Nix had won Pandora over.  Long ago.  He had become a better friend than most in the past.  She still questioned his morale's and goals but he'd always helped her.  Emotionally during the turmoil that was the past few years, and physically whenever needed.  He treated her body better than she did, so she gave it to him.  She was practically a backseat driver and did her best to talk him down when he got too unstable.

[pandora]I built your friend up.  Fixed her.  Bettered her.  Useless ARMA scum.[/pandora]

-You're just being rude now Nix.  Dial it back a bit.-

-Your wish is my desire princess.-

A face slipped it's head from around a doorway behind Kelly after her tirade of exorcising what could only be considered a parasite.  A part of Pandora's very own life force and it made Nix a little warm inside that he was considered that big of a threat.  Even without his own body.  He shook her head though and sucked air between her teeth.  The face retreated again though it's expression did not look to happy about it.

[pandora]We're on the same page here Ms. Collins.  I want whats best for Pandora, as do you... The only difference is I proved myself to her.  Showed that I would do anything to keep her safe.  All she needs is ask.[/pandora]

-Let me speak Nix.  Or you'll just make things even worse.-

-If you think you can handle yourself... Feel free.-

Pandora took a moment to prepare herself.  She had learned from Nix to control her emotions better, even if she was still bad at it her ability had increased substantially in hiding her feelings.  With that she swapped places with her new friend and turned to Kelly.  Balled fists at her sides as she looked upon the friend from before.  She hadn't actually changed much.  It left a fluttering butterfly feeling in her stomach but again Pandora ignored it.

[pandora]Removing him would remove a part of myself as well...[/pandora]

Pandora began with a frown and furrowed eyebrows.  She was much more serious than their last encounter.  The flirting at the door.  They needed no distractions now.  Since they were a part of the New York OL.  ARMA companions would ruin what they built so long to become.  [pandora]You aren't safe around me Kelly.  Never will be.  There are some radicals among the Orders ranks that still harbor a hatred for ARMA.  Nix is one of them but I've made him promise to play nice today... Which doesn't mean he will.[/pandora]

Kelly growled but held firm. She was off the drugs for a while now, because she knew otherwise she would have done something monumentally stupid. Nix was a cancer and Pandora needed to get rid of him before he made her do some real damage. She knew the type. She had a boyfriend like that once. The type who made you so reliant on them that they used and abused you because you didn't know what else like a twisted case of Stockholm. 

She wanted to free her friend. Get her back somehow....

It had been too long though, and she could figure the main damage was already done...

So instead she sighed and stood firm, keeping a level glare. 

[kelly]Proving yourself, or Jim Jones'ing her. There's a difference Nix.[/kelly] She sighed, almost immediately perking up the minute the voice coming from that (now stunning) body changed. It was Panda and it took Kelly all her resolve not to run and hug her. 

[kelly]We can heal you, Panda...[/kelly] Kelly sighed, shaking her head. [kelly]This isn't like DID. You can fight him. Control him. He's stuck in your brain.[/kelly] She muttered, trying to look at her eyes. 

[kelly]You can control him. I want to be safe with you Panda. I want to try and make things work. I...You're stronger than this. Better than this. Fuck ARMA. Fuck the Order. I don't care. I care about you...[/kelly] 

-And the plot thickens.  Kelly Collins so willing to leave ARMA just to protect whom she suspects to be her friend still.  I don't think she realizes you aren't the same person you used to be.-

-I have not changed that much...-

-Like you didn't know about the little trap that's been placed but here you are... Stalling like a professional-

[pandora]It's... Not that easy Kelly.[/pandora]  The dark haired female sighed and slid her hands down her body to even out the wrinkles on her dress. [pandora]Before I let him take over I attempted removing him.  Fucking bastard had pushed me to the last straw.  Obviously it didn't work...  I accepted it though.  He gave me someone to talk to, even though it was really just myself.  Helped me get better, stronger, and gave me something to fight for.[/pandora]

She slid forward, heels clicked deliberately on the tiles of the gallery and she reached her right hand out to place it on her old friends cheek, a hair brushed to the side in a swift motion and she left the hand to rest on her shoulder.

[pandora]He's a part of me now Kelly.  The Order... Nix... They aren't that bad.  Honestly.  Just like you aren't, or Alistair, or Wesley.  I've seen a lot of the Order with my own eyes...[/pandora] Golden orbs flicked up to look into her friends eyes, [pandora]You've nothing to worry about.  I'm protected, and safe.  If I can't handle myself Nix can for me.  He's good for it... Hell he's done it for the past 2 years.[/pandora]

Well. She tried reason.

Now...hormones.

Kelly kept watching her, watching her movements. Her hand and then her cheek and sighed. In a way she had a point. Nix had been there for Panda when she hadn't. The guy had been around and 'helped' her in a way. But....still. Kelly felt uncomfortable with even acknowledging that. Help. How did he help!? By browbeating her?

Still, she had one last ditch effort to try, and so as soon as Panda put a hand on her shoulder, she reached up and kissed her.

It was swift, brief and cute, but the point was made. [kelly]You're not safe. Neither am I but...I just want what's best for you. I'll go now, but if that didn't tell you how much of a stupid mistake you're making, then you're blind.[/kelly] And with that, she slipped away and started to turn heel. 

Pandora wondered what the silence could've been meant for.  Kelly talked a mile a minute, and before was quick to long winded speeches.  Which was what caught her off guard when the kiss happened.  Off guard to the point that Nix quickly flipped the switched and landed in place.

[pandora]That was adorable Ms. Collins.[/pandora]  The air around her quickly shifted and a smirk slid ever so slightly across her face.  Panda had gone into emotional turmoil in those moments.  Begging, pleading for Nix to let her out, to not do it, but he wasn't going to let that happen.  Not just yet.  [pandora]It'll take more than a kiss to ruin what I and Pandora have.  Didn't I tell you?  We're friends now... I won't let her make the same mistake of falling for you, just to get ripped to shreds again.  It was hard enough the first time we walked away from you.[/pandora]

A man appeared in the doorway at the exit.  Almost as if from the shadows.  The room grew darker and several people hurried off as far away as possible.  The trap had been triggered, though a kiss wasn't exactly what he was aiming for.  He was hoping for her to hurt his Pandora.  She did.  That was all he needed.

[pandora]You see, Kelly.[/pandora] Her name was purred, almost as if a wild cat was playing with it's prey.  [pandora]I told Pandora that this would happen.  You'd come into our lives and try to hurt her and take me away.  The hurt part you got down.  But getting rid of me, will require killing her.  Now we don't want that do we?[/pandora]

The room was dim, as if someone had slipped the dimmer to mood lighting.  The windows writhed with shadows and the man that was in the door was barely visible.  He appeared to flicker and writhe himself.  As if he were made of smoke or darkness.  The sound of stone and metal statues filled the room as they stirred to life. 

[pandora]It really was sweet of her to bait that kiss though.  It means my friend Murdock here can have some fun.  Ya see.  Some of us OL aren't as keen to the higher ups ways... But hey. I got caught rambling before, how about we just get down to business.[/pandora]

The man in the door disappeared in an instant, only a brief cloud of darkness left in his wake. 

[pandora]Let the fun begin.[/pandora]

As soon as she heard Nix, she knew she had reason to suspect something was up. This was a trap and she sprung it. Which...yay?

Her heart hurt, but hey, best now when the evil possessed soul dude was out. Maybe she was thinking about this all wrong. Nix was a parasite. A dangerous one, but a parasite. He NEEDED Panda to live. He was stuck in her body, and if she died, there was no respawn for him.

So as the darkness grew, she didn't draw her weapon but kept it at finger's reach in case whatever was coming went for her.

[kelly]Wow Nix. I didn't think you were stupid. A lunatic, yeah, but shit I didn't take you as suicidal. Like c'mon. Dresden was the nice Order. The not totally draconian torture dungeon Order. Do you think your bosses will approve that you took such a direct shot at him, right after a ceasefire!? Declaring war on ARMA. They know a mutiny. This is defying orders, Nix. They'll fucking hang you. Well, Panda. And then what? You die. Jesus, Nix.[/kelly]

She was laughing now. [kelly]Call your guy off. I wont call Dresden and have ARMA here. Like holy crap wowwwwwww.[/kelly] She laughed. [kelly]Is this how you gotta act now without any balls?[/kelly]  She could hear the statues and prepared to take out the sword.

[kelly]Buddy. Like c'mon. Now you're sounding like a possessive boyfriend. Cut the theatrics and we can both walk out of here...[/kelly]

[pandora]Oh my dear Kelly.  I'm already dead.  This is our friends life that's on the line.  Why be so reckless?[/pandora]  Nix laughed then.  Kelly actually thought he was concerned for their well being.  No.  He wasn't planning on killing anyone.  Hurting maybe.  But killing? Not in this situation.  [pandora]You see Kelly, this isn't either of us dying.  Or going on a murdering spree.  It's a warning.  Murdock?  He's not actually a part of the ranks.  I saved his life, he protects us.  He's a very honorable man.  As for the balls comment...[/pandora] Pandora's hand patted at her crotch before she lifted her shoulders [pandora]Guess you're right[/pandora]

The Murdock man flickered to life next to Pandora, a shadowy mass with glowing eyes.

[npc]We knew you wouldn't come alone.[/npc] His voice sounded distorted, as if several were talking at once from different corners of the room, and that glowing look in his eyes illuminated his mouth when he spoke.  [npc]So we didn't either.  Whether you knew you'd be followed or not.[/npc]

[pandora]This is where I say blah blah ARMA cowards, Blah blah.  But I think we should let Pandora speak... Seeing as that's what you wanted correct?  To hear your friend tell you how much she loves you, and would do anything to have you back...[/pandora]  Murdock stayed by the Magus's side as again the two switched places.  Pandora was still in emotional turmoil, but she was given a chance to breathe and calm down before making a fool of herself.  [pandora]It won't work Kelly...  You have this delusional plan of saving me from the big bad Nix.  This OL bad boy that infiltrated my brain and fucked it into submission.  It's just shite to think it ya know?  Murdock, go make sure they don't come barging in.[/pandora]

The man nodded, flickered out of existence again, and the lights slowly returned to normal.  Though the statues stood close enough in case Kelly decided to make a move.  Panda's instinct said she wouldn't.

[pandora]I found out that killing me, is the only way to get rid of him.  You're better off just staying away from me.  Don't forget, you're the reason he's stuck here in the first place[/pandora]  She tapped her noggin slowly and sighed, [pandora]In the end it turned out for the best right? I'm no longer a weakling.[/pandora]

She watched Murdock come and go, and Nix continue his speech.

It really didn't affect her until Panda came out, and that...THAT stung. Kelly's eyes grew wide and it took all that she had to not scream and fight and tear the whole place down. Though she was much older now, the spooked early 20 year-old was still there, still wanting to save her friend....

She wondered if she could have saved her...

She wondered if she should have just let her die...

[kelly]You need to stop with this joker bullshit.[/kelly] She said, incredulous. [kelly]It's not even about saving you Panda. I know I'm not gonna be Lady Galahad saving the fair maiden. I'm just trying to make sure you save your own damn self. Just. Just listen to yourself. You're so tough now, but you don't even control your own body anymore. I don't care if you were a weakling or not. I never did. You were you. And just because you got this cool strong guy inside of you...[/kelly] She said, closing her eyes. Before Joce left, she taught her something very powerful, and very dangerous. It was beginner in this level of magic, but after two years of practice...

[kelly]That doesn't make him, or you strong...That doesn't protect you. That isn't going to help you.[/kelly]  It took a minute to catch the leyline that connected the statues, but as soon as she could see it, she could practically tug it. [kelly]It just proves he's a coward.[/kelly] And as soon as she could touch it, Kelly moved her finger to sever the mana connection to the stone. [kelly]And I'm going to atone everyday for what I did to you.[/kelly] And with that, Kelly made her move to separate her link to the statues. 

[kelly]ALEC! DEPLOY![/kelly]

[pandora]Blah Blah Blah. Evil bullshit comments 1, 2, and 3. Generic good guy went evil for power statement [/pandora]

[kelly]Generic good guy line. Brooding sadness about not being able to save someone who didn't want to be saved. Call to action. [/kelly]

There was his cue. It almost felt like Glitch Mob's Fortune Days should have been playing. Everyone had a goddamn hero or villain complex these days. What happened to people just doing their damn jobs? Seriously, did no one know how useless witty banter was? You were good or you were evil or you just didn't give a shit. If you weren't in the first or third category, it was time to put you down. 

Animal brigade stood ready on the other side of the wall from them, clear from the view of statues. Most of these creatures were on loan from ARMA's holding facility for dangerous mutant creatures:

There was an armadillo with skin harder than iron and an uncanny ability to generate speeds that rivaled a car. Also, an owl for aerial surveillance--a Burrowing Owl whose talons and beak had become almost exclusively a variant of high carbon steel with razor sharp edges, and whose wings had proven impervious to most projectiles fired from small arms.

Alec had yet to have the cougar-esque murderfloof he'd captured and tamed evaluated by the higher ups. By this point, he'd have assumed they'd just trust him when he said it was fine, but he supposed they had to evaluate it for themselves, and it was still several days until he'd even get to show them his new pet's complete and utter safety for people Alec hadn't told him to kill. In its stead, he'd convinced an advanced primate to help him demolish the wall on command. Out of sheer irony and a tinge of nostalgia for one of the best comic book villains to have ever been created, Grodd had been named. Four arms, massive strength, and the capacity for human speech. All waiting for Alec to give the go.

[walker] Roll out. [/walker] The command was short, terse, and quite honestly, fitting. The armadillo smashed its way into the edifice, spinning as it destroyed the base and weakened the integrity of the wall above, easily punched through by the rapid strikes of the 400 pound mutant gorilla.

Nix-dora, Kelly, and whoever this Murdock asshole was... well they would see a quadrumanous gorilla tumble through the wall, followed closely by a spinning ball of death and armor. The dust settled and Alec made a rather dramatic entrance, because rule of cool. He could hate it and exploit it, all at the same time. [walker] You Rang? [/walker] The Addams Family reference probably ruined the whole "mysterious warrior entering through cloud of settling dust" thing, but goddamnit he was bad at this whole being a badass thing.

Kelly had been gone for a decent chunk of time, and she really didn't know quite what Alec could do at this point. In fact, very few people did. 

She should have known enough, at least, to know he was vulnerable and slower while working his specific brand of mental magic. Grodd and the Armordillo could only do so much. He'd need someone to back him up against this new threat if he succeeded in stopping Nyx long enough to exorcise that particular demon. Alec sent out his mental feelers to try and lock down the split mentality of both Nyx and Pandora. It could be difficult, considering that he would have to focus on one, while they could theoretically swap back and forth, invalidating his efforts for quite some time. 

Pandora had backed off and even called Murdock off the hunt.  Yet Kelly just had to act like Panda was the bad guy here.  She'd ridden New York of nests of baddies, helped rogue Magus find their way.  Yet here she was.  The villain in the story.  Pandora sighed at Kelly's words and only shook her head. 

[pandora]Strength doesn't protect me.  I would've been dead long ago if that was the case.[/pandora]

In the next few moments so much craziness broke out that Pandora could barely keep track.  Nix on the other hand was analyzing every moment.  He had been ready for a fight the moment he'd woke up that morning.  But, he was gonna let Pandora deal with this.  Who knows, maybe she'd get killed and they could all move on with their little lives.  Well except for her. 

She'd felt the connection with the statues cease to exist and they fell lifeless in their spots.  It was a neat trick, but in the end pointless.  Everything was as depressing as that sounded.  But Pandora didn't act.  Not when the gorilla and armadillo came blasting through the wall with Alec on their heels.  No she stood their, arms behind her back and her fingers intertwined and clenching to the point of pain.  [pandora]Alec... It's been a while.[/pandora] she offered like it was any other day.  The inside of her was screaming to run, but Nix made her body stay.  If they were gonna fight, it was going to be on their terms.  She'd backed down.

[pandora]I told you I'm not here to fight.  Nix was, and Murdock is like his lost puppy.  It seems the tables have turned though.  If you want this I'll only be acting against you.[/pandora]

A statue on the other side of the wall sprang to life.  It stomped around the corner to reveal a human with two torsos each with two arms and separate heads.  In it's hands were an array of different medieval weapons, another statue shortly followed, an iron manticore that stood as tall as a horse, it's scorpion like tail swaying this way and that and it's mouth agape revealing it's sharp teeth.  They both came to a stop next to their controller.

[pandora]I only want you to know which side I stand on and I wanted to give you a proper farewell... If that means you killing me[/pandora] She looked between the two with an almost sadness in her eyes before she shrugged, [pandora]So be it.  But I won't go down easily.[/pandora]

The room began to grow dark again, but Murdock remained hidden in the shadows.

Archived