Toril Njordhagen

Rise of the Blood Moon

gallery_1151_27_5166104.gif

RISE OF THE BLOOD MOON is a RESONANCE EVENT occurring on November 11th, Veterans Day, 2019.

The LINKED RECORD contains all the information required for you to participate in this plotted adventure.

This is the EVENT DISCUSSION/PLOTTING thread, but you are welcome to create your own if necessary. If you are unsure whom you would like to write with, please post your intent to participate here along with any ideas and preference for the setting if you have any.

After you start a story, please post a link to it in this thread so it can be added to the list below.

STORIES:

SEVEN POINTS - (Open) Started by Slate Morrison; LOCATION: 3rd Ave., Midtown, Manhattan
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES - (Bakkhos - to be made Open later) Started by Matteo Carducci; LOCATION: Standard Hotel near Whitney Museum
BLOOD MOON - Empire State Building - (Open to the brave!) The first sightings of lycanthrope have started the battle for New York's soul.

PENULTIMATE - (Appropriately Open) Started by Rorye Shannon-Kearney; LOCATION: Book of Kells

So, to make sure we are clear, we post as if we are going through the events, playing through the three stages of said events in the thread, correct? Is there a completion time the thread needs to be done by? 

No completion time - just start a thread within the first phase and usually the thread will start going through the phases. We have had events take several months to complete just because so many people jump in and the threads take a while :)

*cackles maniacally*

One you start a story, please post a link to it in this thread. Thank you.

NO CACKLING! ONLY HOOOOOOOOWLING!

..but....but.... *bats a ball of string*

Awww, Atti! See what you did now? You made the Murderfloof sad. 

But seriously, this sounds awesome. Thinking it might be fun to have a couple of threads out there for Alec and Towen during the event:

Knowing Alec, he'll be confident enough to think he can reason with them and probably needs to be reminded not to try that or otherwise convinced it's a bad idea. And of course, Towen's probably wishing he could go on a murder spree. Could be a good time for him to get caught doing stuff that's not exactly kosher.

If anyone's intrigued by either of the ideas, let me know. I'll probably start a few open threads anyway.

It's a pretty open concept. I mean, threads can be crossed over and stuff like that. There's a timeline to the event so all these stories are running parallel. This is a major event that it is to be fixed into the site lore and so why not allow people to write their characters' into it? Become a part of history. Anyway, that's part of the idea.

Even if someone just wants to write a story with their character watching events from a safe location is welcome to do so. If you want this event to simply be the backdrop for a story, then go for it. It's a unifying event. One of those moments that all characters can have in common. "What were you doing on Veterans Day 2019, when all hell broke loose in New York?"

Updated the article with a location map of the sigils to provide a little more structure. They're placement is based on a seven pointed star, the locations at any point OR intersecting lines. This means there are 21 possible locations to choose from. Just communicate your finds in the discussion thread when the time comes.

gallery_1151_21_92537.jpg

So, coupla questions...

Would someone bit by a were during the Blood Moon have a different reaction to the bite than if it were to happen on the night of any other full moon?  Like, would they have to wait for their first transformation to take place later (next full moon) or would the power of the moon kickstart it to where it could happen the same night?  Instantly?

Also, for those of us with magic powers, I know it's rare that we keep any semblance of them after being bitten by a were... but does a blood moon were creature infect you with a virus so much stronger that all manner of connection to mystical abilities are purged?  In other words, is it guaranteed that a magus bit by a Blood Moon boosted were would have absolutely no connection to their old powers?

Also also, would someone that gets bitten by a Blood Moon boosted were acquire a super version of the virus that makes sure they're always this especially feral version of themselves as opposed to if they were changed normally?  

...also, would this affect their normal human state at all?    

Sorry if I overlooked some of these answers.  

GREAT QUESTIONS!

Due to the "amped up" nature the virus will take hold faster than the normal 24hrs (in about 8hrs) so if they are bit early in the night and do not get an anti-viral immediately they run the risk that before dawn they might have their first change.

Because it is 'amped up' it will also very likely strip all other powers if the person gets infected (ie does not take an antiviral) If anything is left it will be very minimal.

The virus itself is not really different but since they got infected in an 'amped up' state they will likely have strong reactions to full moons for the rest of their lives. Human state is same as normal were's except for the obvious psychological changes with dealing with the violent change.

We have to bear in mind that this is not a REAL BLOOD MOON, but an incredibly powerful spell that's amping a normal full moon. That in itself though could possibly still have some strange effects but not on the virus. The super-viruses don't get altered too often and if they do, it's rarely beneficial.

A note on the seven pointed star overlay. I purposely made the lines quite thick so that there's a lot of area to choose from. The locations don't have to be pin point accurate and some of the points and cross-overs obviously have more potential than others. You might note that the Empire State Building is in one of the cross-road areas. Figured that might be a hot spot. Remember these sigils can be anywhere, they don't necessarily have to be on the ground, but they still have to be in area that someone could work on them over and over again during a one month period or so.

FYI - Bakkhos is into this fray now : http://resonancerp.com/index.php?/topic/8508-something-wicked-this-way-comes/

Since the Standard Hotel (where the Bakkhos club is located) is just a hop skip and jump next to Whitney Museum it is likely this thread will lead to a sigil find!

Thread is closed to Bakkhos at first but once they have their family meeting it will become an Open thread.

I've been lurking, seeing if I was going to attend this event. With all the excitement and 'part-of-history' stuff I think I would like to join in! 

@Matteo - I am volunteering to open up your thread after the meeting, I'd really like to get some mob exposure for Dika, plus he's a scaredy pants, it'll be fun! Stranger bangs on door pleading, breaks in to hide, what have you. Let me know!

Very cool - ya we will be starting with Bakkhos only at the club but then it will move into the streets and become an open thread so be fun! Might take a little bit to get there (we never run very fast..lol).. waiting on couple Bakkhos to join it... but definitely tag you when it goes open so you can hop in!

@Matteo - Great thanks! I've already followed it so we shall wait and see!

EDIT : Unless Pharos has other plans for this, I'm still doing my 'let's get you started' thread, so this is subject to change on that note. Updates will follow.

FYI - Bakkhos thread has about 2 more posts before it spills into the streets and becomes an open thread :)

Thank you for the reminder!!  I got in on the Empire one!

Happy Belated New Year Resonance!  :)

Just a thought, and this might not be the place to put it, but:

Tow's been rampaging around the city for about two-three years, killing mages, causing chaos. It occurs to me that the Empire building thread is the first time he's using his magic in a public place since ARMA split from the OFL and he was just assumed dead/MIA. His magic is probably still on file somewhere. 

If anyone who'd been following the stories of the guy being reported as the "Guillotine Murderer" were on that roof and survived, the next day they might have the inclination to give ARMA or the OFL a call with a tip about a dude carrying a giant sword and doing a type of magic they didn't recognize. 

Tow had left some talismans behind at least once at his murder scenes, so that might pique interest. 

I never really intended for Towen to last this long doing his whole religion-driven murder thing, but he has, so it might be a cool way to wrap up his story/force him to stop murdering/get him serious psychological counseling or something and turn him for one of the two larger organizations--probably ARMA, given his past hatred for the OFL.

Of course, it also occurs to me that neither side would be particularly happy to have someone who'd slaughtered and beheaded their brothers in arms join their faction, so he might just end up dying, and I'm ok with that too. 

Anyway, this post got longer than I intended, so TL;DR:

Tow's been murdering peeps for a while, is finally using magic in a public place, and it could be a good way to bring him down.

I like that idea actually!

Cool Towen.