18+ 3/3/3
MATURE RPG

May, 2010... Fantasy became reality. Worlds overlay for the briefest moment. Outworlders became stranded on earth as more than half the human populace vanished. Our World, our universe, was transformed.

Fiction is now reality. Humans and those now bound to this world will either learn to coexist, or battle for supremecy.
Ryan Harker

An Introduction

Hello All!

I have been around Resonance (Twenty Thirteen, The Shift, Resonance) on and off for possibly 10  years now, based on the date of some of my older profiles.  I had a good run in the beginning, great stories and role-plays, but real life sucks and I never had a chance to dive back into it.   

That said, I am in the Army and currently deployed (cant say where or what I am doing).  The work I am doing though, unless I am on mission I have some down time.  I was thinking of things I used to enjoy doing to keep me occupied, and I managed to find you guys!

I am very excited to be here and I am looking to rping with you all.  Creating some great plots, good story depth, and good inter-character relationships.  Also, hope to become friends with you guys even OOC, if time permits.  I'm on the other side of the world, so the time difference can be weird.

Anyway, my new profile has already been posted.  Once I am approved and fleshed out my avatar, I intend to be fairly active (weekly posts unless I'm on mission) for at least the next year. 

My character is a human (slightly altered) ARMA Cloak Operative. Mid 30's male with over a decade of warfighting experience, who specializes in killing First Order mages, but also hunts other "evil" Supernatural creatures for ARMA.  Good Supernaturals have no need to fear him.  I am open to all kinds of plots fights, friends, rivals, enemies, romance...

I plan to post in the open "Clash of Titans" thread soon I hope.  I am reading up on everyone's characters in the mean time.  Looking forward to rping with you all! 

Respectfully,

Harker

Hi Harker, welcome back to the group =) Glad to have you especially as part of ARMA. I also play a member of ARMA and have recently been working on updating their timeline, etc. so if you have any questions please hit me up. For example as of 2019 ARMA and the OFL have had a sort of tentative truce going - orchestrated by both Alistair and Dacia, the people who run the factions - due to much bigger concerns, and even before that haven't been at actual war(or killing each other especially openly - absolute rare instances, only if a threat to each other from what has been mentioned in various threads over time, after ARMA officially ousted them and took over their role in NY in 2016) for awhile before that to be honest. It gave bad PR to constantly look like they're at the throat of the OFL when they "won" so to speak so. . . but of course they're smart and cautious and wary of them, and well the Vatican is still considered an enemy to ARMA lol

Mostly they focus on much more important things like bad rogue magus, bad other supernatural beings, big issues such as zombie outbreaks if they happen, etc. and solving crimes committed by beings that aren't necessarily human(usually in tandem with the local NY law enforcement, sometimes on their own). Or in terms of cloak like big secretive operations. Also missions that take them off to places like finding and stopping artifacts that could be causing issues. A large variety of really fun and interesting things besides that still just the OFL vs ARMA issue is small potatoes - highly insignificant at this moment as they have had other parties killing magus on both their sides. Plus right now they have the whole issue of missing leaders they're hoping to find so bigger fish so to speak while still trying to maintain their rep. And then there's this whole Outworlder Registration issue getting bigger/gaining more traction in areas around the world which they're totally against. . . and more for helping Outworlders, trying to save people, etc.

Anyways, if you want to chat or plot or anything please feel free to hit me up here in PM or on Discord(Tabs#2624). =D

Tabs

(Writer of Cassandra Greene & Keeley Saunders)

Hey Tabs!

I am still working on getting Discord up and working... I used it years ago, so its giving me issues with my account now.

Anyway, I had a similar understanding of the ARMA / OFL relationship, except I viewed it as more of a Cold War style of truce.  While publicly and in part operationally, there is an armistice, a covert Cold War still exists.  This war is not by any means the top priority of ARMA.  However, it still exists and its primarily the Cloak Division that maintains this front, while simultaneously carrying out missions in support of ARMA's other priorities.  I figure the activity of the Cold War has reduced significantly, but probing and espionage still takes place as the two competing factions keep each other "honest."

If this works into your plans for the faction, let me know.  If not, I can make the minor adjustments to my character, shouldn't be any issues.  I am excited to be part of the vision you have for ARMA.  Looking forward to working with you.

Respectfully,

Harker

On 3/2/2019 at 6:32 AM, Ryan Harker said:

Hey Tabs!

I am still working on getting Discord up and working... I used it years ago, so its giving me issues with my account now.

Anyway, I had a similar understanding of the ARMA / OFL relationship, except I viewed it as more of a Cold War style of truce.  While publicly and in part operationally, there is an armistice, a covert Cold War still exists.  This war is not by any means the top priority of ARMA.  However, it still exists and its primarily the Cloak Division that maintains this front, while simultaneously carrying out missions in support of ARMA's other priorities.  I figure the activity of the Cold War has reduced significantly, but probing and espionage still takes place as the two competing factions keep each other "honest."

If this works into your plans for the faction, let me know.  If not, I can make the minor adjustments to my character, shouldn't be any issues.  I am excited to be part of the vision you have for ARMA.  Looking forward to working with you.

Respectfully,

Harker

The Cold War truce would've been how it was before(the whole keeping things out of the public, only going up against the OFL if they come at them/endanger someone etc after the win in 2016), which was technically unofficial, but the actual truce called in 2019 was a legitimate one. No deception, no Cold War stuff cause like I said much bigger concern like mutual enemies killing magus of both factions, kidnapped magus, etc.

None of that has to do with the direction I'm aiming to take the faction, it's just established details over the years across characters and threads that is pertinent to how ARMA operates since they don't behave like the OFL so essentially if they say there's a truce they're not going to be the ones to break it cause it'd make them look bad. It'd also make them no better than the OFL. Cloak though still has a lot of potential options especially with this Outworlder stuff.

Also pertinent details to the ARMA timeline(working on making one so I can put it up for people to reference, but Cass's profile under About Me has some references): Cloak became a thing in IC 2017, it started as an idea then presented by an air magus named Lydia and then developed throughout that year into an actual division basically. Then in early 2019 Aura Edler's(she was a dragon, but not sure how many people beyond certain ARMA folk and her older crew knew) Silverwings(an old faction) merged with ARMA. She became the Overseer, Ali moved down to Commander, and the SHIELD division became a thing.

You still have freedom to have your charrie have done stuff during the Cold War thing where stuff might've happened involving OFL magus(though ARMA doesn't kill unless it absolutely comes to that; they're more likely to imprison cause otherwise no better than how the OFL behaved), but when the actual truce comes into play in 2019 that'd have to stop obviously cause OFL magus wouldn't attack either. Anyways, hopefully that helps. Feel free to bombard me with questions in PM or in DM on Discord if you have any others. =)

Hey again!

I have updated my profile information to reflect my character I am submitting for approval.  An FYI for whoever is Zeph's back up approver.

That ARMA history shouldn't conflict with my character at all.  Though it will probably make him one of their darker agents, operating on the fringe of what is considered "acceptable".  At least if they are as conservative as you mentioned.  Don't get me wrong Ryan is definitely a guy who doesn't want to kill if he doesn't have to... but once he decides it has to be done, he doesn't hesitate.

I didn't specify too much in his profile exactly what he did during the war, but still explained his role in the ARMA / OFL cold war.  Understanding now where the factions currently stand shouldn't effect my characters past, but definitely his future.

Thanks!  I will read your profile and PM if I have more questions.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

LISTED AT

• RPG-D

• Distant Fantasies RPG Directory and Resource

• tumblr_inline_n7nmp6HjIl1rfoxx3.png
  • Our Affiliates

affiliatebannermain.gifBTM_aff.jpgThe Lost Nation 

www.AbaddonCity.com 18+pernaff.png 2i7yB.jpg

Roleplay EvolutionSufficient Unto the Day button.png

BOJUim.png 4jx0bQV.gif Resolution

ABOUT US

MODERN FANTASY COLLABORATIVE WRITING RP CATERING TO OLDER PLAYERS (25+) WITH A SLOWER, MORE RELAXED PACE. IN 2010, THE WORLD DRASTICALLY & PERMANENTLY CHANGED BY WHAT BECAME KNOWN AS THE MULTIVERSE RESONANCE EVENT. IN A SINGLE BREATH, OUR WORLD CROSSED WITH AN UNKNOWN NUMBER OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSES, BLEEDING INTO EACH OTHER. EARTH WAS SUDDENLY A REALM OF MAGIC AND MONSTERS. THE STORY IS CENTERED IN NEW YORK CITY BUT EXTENDS ACROSS THE WORLD. IT BLENDS A VARIETY OF GENRES; A MOSAIC OF OVERLAPPING REALMS INCLUDING ELVES, LYCANTHROPES, ALTERED HUMANS AND,OF COURSE, MAGIC.  

Our Button Code

gallery_1151_21_31428.gif