SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • Double..double.. toil and trouble... fire burn and cauldron bubble...

Matteo Carducci

MASQUERADE EVENT THREAD

You wanna do what?!

Left side of his upper lip perked upward in disbelief at the head of the family as Gaspari smirked at him, leaning back against the bar.

"Hold a masquerade ball here…. for Halloween."

He blinked at the man. Did he have any idea that Halloween was like… barely a month out. Satyr had been blowing up so much of their liquor supply had been funneled there. The club had been quieter by design, family, associates the elite… which allowed business to happen at all times. To open it up and plan something as "luxurious" as a masquerade ball… get the liquor there on time.. set up security for it… advertise…. they didn’t have the time!

Raised brows looked at the purveyor of their liquor as if looking for alignment that the head of the family was nuts.

"There isnt a planned fight for Halloween and the club could use some exposure. Time to move it from family only to back to public. Show that we aren't running scared like the other businesses that have been shuttering after hours because of the unrest in the city."

It made sense but… fuck this was going to be a scramble. Fingers ran through hair that needed a cut.

Ok... but ya know this gonna be a clusterfuck to plan on time.

"Why do you think you all are here?"

That damn smirk literally made the senior capo smack a hand over his face and rub it aggressively.

Yea yea.... I get it.... 

He looked at his brothers in planning and shook his head with a faint smile finally perking up around his mouth.

Masquerade huh..... this could be interesting.

Tom smirked at Matteo's exasperation. Matteo was always rubbing people the wrong way, it made Tom smile to see Gaspari doing the same to him. It was a small, private, joy that Tom took in these meetings. 

The idea of a Masquerade Ball seemed like a good idea. Halloween wasn't a full moon this year either. Tom would finally be able to attend a Bakkhos event. Too many of these were scheduled during inconvenient times for Tom. He looked forward to it. 

There were still some unanswered questions regarding the poisoned booze earlier this year. Tom, with Eris's help, had managed to shut down the contra-operation, however the mastermind behind it was still in the wind. He was still looking into who it could have been, but the trail was getting cold. This would be a welcome distraction. 

"I think they are getting tired of fighting me, anyway." Tom laughed. "It would be good to be seen in public outside of the arena." 

Tom agreed with the logistic challenges they faced. However, agreeing with Gaspari to make Matteo squirm was worth the extra work he'd have to engage in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hand shifted over his head, fingers combing through dark curls that were a bit too long. Gaspari had it in his head which meant there was no changing his mind. It was a good PR move but shit were they going to be scrambling for four weeks to pull this off. As the head of the family mentioned there wasn’t a fight that night, but there were for the next three weekends so it wasn’t like he could just pull down his security or ask Tom to back off on his liquor deliveries.

"I think they are getting tired of fighting me, anyway. It would be good to be seen in public outside of the arena." 

The senior capo half frowned, half smirked at the man. He wasn’t helping matters.

Great help you are…

He half muttered it under his breath before turning back to Gaspari, tone more serious. He was known for being a playboy and a slave driver when it came to his venue going off without a hitch. But truth was the capo had a strong business mind behind the bravado which was why Gaspari had made him Senior.

Well with Satyr still havin' 4 sold out fights between now an' then, we can't reduce stock ahead of Halloween.

Dark eyes glanced to Tom.

Gonna need to loop in Vick….I suggest we back down the high end wines heading for Satyr and keep those for the Bakkhos party…. my crowds more the liquor and beer types anyhows…

The Boss of Finger Lake Winery would understand, but he left talking to him to Tom. Victor rarely came into the city, preferring his upstate solace and he had a tendency of not answering phones. The Senior Capo had no desire to make the trek up there to talk to him. Besides, he had to be sure to adjust the stock at Satyr. Start holding the high end liquor back, put a premium price on it so less was sold. That would help them have enough of the luxury items for this "soiree" Gaspari wanted to throw.

Wait… Masquerade..?

There was an internal groan.

You don’t mean we gotta dress for this thing do we?

Gaspari's broadening smile only made him roll his eyes and sink into one of the leather club chairs. Dress up wasn’t really his thing.

Great help you are…

Tom smirked at the Senior Capo. He had to admit he enjoyed this slightly more than he should. 

Gonna need to loop in Vick….I suggest we back down the high end wines heading for Satyr and keep those for the Bakkhos party…. my crowds more the liquor and beer types anyhows…

Tom nodded. Tom often was the one who spoke with Victor when Matteo could get away with it. Tom couldn't be certain if this was because they were both in the alcohol business or if they were both weres...either way, Matteo dodged Victor whenever he could get away with it, and Tom understood.

Not only was Victor hard to deal with by many...he also served as a mentor to Tom in helping deal with balancing the monthly changes along with managing Bakkhos duties. Tom and he had a shared bond. Not only were they both lycanthropes serving in the 'mob'...they were also never bitten after the Nevus Event. Victor, Tom's father, and Tom were never bitten. And to the best of his knowledge, neither of them had bitten anyone either. 

Tom winced briefly at that last thought. That last thought didn't ring true in his mind. He couldn't put his finger on it...but the idea of 'Tom has bitten no one' didn't ring with the same absolute truth that other thoughts had. Weird. 

Shaking his head, Tom replied. "I'll go talk to him. I found a bottle of scotch he'd been looking for for quite a while now. I'll take it to him and bring this up too." 

"Wait… Masquerade..? You don’t mean we gotta dress for this thing do we?"

A smile returned to Tom's face...although it didn't quite make it to his eyes. That nagging thought wasn't setting well with him. Shaking his head, he pushed that thought down. No time to analyze that properly at the moment anyhow. That'd have to wait...assuming it was actually relevant. 

"Maybe we can have you dress as one of your lady-friends." Tom chuckled. "I think we could find a cocktail dress about your size." 

• 3 weeks later...

Tom was enjoying this far too much, a smirk of "disapproval" was tossed at the big lug that said the Senior Capo wasn’t really pissed.

This would be a nightmare to coordinate. Tom acquiesced to getting Victor into the loop on what was going on which was a relief. The Boss had an aversion to phones which meant one usually had to head all the way upstate to the winery to meet with him, a trek the Capo wasn’t really fond of making when he had so much to oversee here. Not to mention that the gruff boss had a tendency to look at him like he was lunch.

"I'll go talk to him. I found a bottle of scotch he'd been looking for for quite a while now. I'll take it to him and bring this up too." 

Nod was thoughtful, already starting to tick off a checklist they would need to start working quickly when the realization it was potentially going to require them to not only attend but dress up sidetracked his meticulous organization.

Wait… Masquerade..? You don’t mean we gotta dress for this thing do we?

"Maybe we can have you dress as one of your lady-friends. I think we could find a cocktail dress about your size." 

Brow quirked at the man before quipping back.

…and I a cute kitty one with fuzzy ears an' tail for ya.

Lycan nature was not sacred to the Capo… he treated the man like any other, refusing to pussyfoot around his infected nature. A grin got broader as a wicked thought flittered across his brow. Dark mischievous eyes slid to Gaspari.

....ya gonna have Derrick bodyguardin' for it?

There were several wide-eyed expressions around the room as everyone looked at Gaspari.

…of course.

The Capo couldn’t help it, laughter bubbled up to roar contagiously. She was going to be pissed as hell if the Head of the family made her dress up and from the grin on Gaspari's face he fully intended to insist on it. To see that alone was enough to change his mind about getting gussied up for this thing. Gaspari be lucky the pitbull didn’t turn on him.

As the laugher died finally in his chest he stifled another chuckle getting back to business.

Ya got a list for the VIP invites?., can start getting' those out immediately.

With that the group quickly got to dividing tasks amongst themselves. It was going to be a busy couple weeks.

Archived